• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Removing Hero Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I have item "Rain of Chaos", if it is bought by dreadlord hero that has the infernal ability, it will replace it with rain of chaos, allowing him to call 2 infernals instead of 1, if it is bought by any other unit, or if the dreadlord does not have infernal ability, it will give him back his gold (does nothing). My problem is, if i use it, the dreadlord will get the rain of chaos, BUT he can learn the Inferno again. I don't want to be possible to learn the Inferno again.

Attachments

• Inferno-RainofChaos.jpg
    Inferno-RainofChaos.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 108
Level 2
Unit - Remove Inferno from (Triggering unit) should remove it from the learning list. Try changing the condition to Level of Inferno for (Triggering unit) Greater than or Equal to 1.
I"ve tried this, but it makes no difference.

First off, remove Unit - Decrease level of Inferno for (Triggering unit), it's unnecessary, since you remove it. Also remove the last action, Set level of Rain of Chaos to 1; when you add abilities on units, they are level 1.
Finally, remove the Item - Remove (Item being manipulated) and use
  • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Triggering unit)
  • Item - Set life of (Last dropped item) to 0.00
  • Item - Remove (Last dropped item
If these changes don't offer the desired result, send me the map (via pm).

Level 2
Thanks :) And, I'm from Czech Republic :) (Next to Austria)
EDIT: Hey, but I don't see any "attachments" button or anything like this in the "send private message".

Level 33
I have attached a test map
There are 4 heroes in the test map, to level it up the heroes, press the ESC button
You can make the item "Rain of Chaos" to work IF the buying unit is Dreadlord AND that Dreadlord has already learned a spell named Inferno (in this case, please spam the ESC button until the hero gets to level 6 and above, and learn the Inferno for this item to work)
Once the trigger works, there is no error message shows
If it works, read the tooltips for the description of the newly replaced Inferno Ability
Use the "Select Hero" ability from the Goblin Merchant to target the Drealord to buy the item

Attachments

• Simple Item Upgrade System.w3x
    14.6 KB · Views: 38
Level 2
It works, the upgraded inferno replaces original, but that is not my problem, when dreadlord gets upgraded inferno, he can learn again the original. (go into your map, buy rain of chaos, and then look into hero's red cross (to learn spell))

Status
Not open for further replies.