• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help making a unit cast a certain spell on a point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok so... im working on a cinematic that involves a unit casting the Rain of Chaos spell(which involves multiple infernals coming down from the sky in an area). The problem is i can't figure it out.

i've tried creating a dummy with the Rain of chaos ability at the moment i need it and "Order last created unit to Archimonde - Rain of Chaos at Target zone" but it just won't use the ability.... the dummy is created but it just stands there.

another thing i've tried is adding that ability to the unit that is supposed to cast it exactly at the moment i want him to cast it, and he will automaticaly use it.... the only promlem is that he uses it on random enemyes around him and not at the location i want, and i can't remove the enemyes around him as they are part of the action.

can anyone help me please ?

P.S. sorry for the long description

Level 2
can anyone please help me ? it's kind of urgent im losing time unitl i get this right

srry for double post, i've forgot about the edit option

Level 2
ok so since no one helped me with the first problem, iv'e tried making a dummy cast Infernal(which involves only one infernall fall from the sky) multiple times. i have triggered the dummy to cast it 7 times, but it only casts it 2 times. can anyone PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS???? IM LOOSING MY DAMN TIME.

the spell cooldown is 0.7 seconds

• Rain of Infernals second
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 173.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Usual Dummy for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Infernal Invaders Postition <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Inferno (Infernal Invader) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Inferno (Center of Infernal Invader Infernals Target <gen>)
      • Wait 1.30 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Inferno (Random point in Infernal Invader Infernals Target <gen>)
      • Wait 1.30 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Inferno (Random point in Infernal Invader Infernals Target <gen>)
      • Wait 1.30 seconds
      • Wait 1.30 seconds
      • Wait 1.30 seconds
      • Wait 1.30 seconds
      • Wait 1.30 seconds
      • Wait 1.30 seconds
      • Wait 1.30 seconds
      • Wait 1.30 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

Status
Not open for further replies.