• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoE dummy unit autocast Need help <----------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok im making an AoE autocast, using a dummy unit. Heres what I have got so far.

A unit finishes casting an ability

Ability being cast equal to Auto Missle (based on fairie fire)

unit-create 1 Missle test for owner of triggering unit at position of casting unit facing target point of ability being cast.

Add 40 second generic expiration timer

unit- order last created unit to Special doom guard - rain of fire (missles is based on) at target point of ability being cast.

problem is the dummy unit flys to the middle and casts rain of fire their. everything works perfectly except for the targeting. Please hlp :)

Level 10
it doesn't matter if the dummy has flying movement or what. it just depends on how you are using the dummy. and when you mean targetting? where does the dummy target instead?

Level 2
Woops sorry, I used the wrong there,their I meant they fly to the middle and cast rain of fire at the middle (i know dummy units aint supposed to have models but im seing what they do) So I Dont see anything wrong with the trigger code... But they fly to the middle and cast rain of fire in the exact middle im sure :) If you can tell me how to fix it thanks.

Level 2
Woops sorry, I used the wrong there,their I meant they fly to the middle and cast rain of fire at the middle (i know dummy units aint supposed to have models but im seing what they do) So I Dont see anything wrong with the trigger code... But they fly to the middle and cast rain of fire in the exact middle im sure :) If you can tell me how to fix it thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.