• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Autocasting please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hey im trying to make a unit autocast ability based around chain lightning.

atm i have a dumby searing arrows spell that is autocast and a trigger that is supposed to create a dumby spell caster whenever the spell is cast that does chain lightning - only problem.. it doesnt work when the unit autocasts it but it does when you tell it to just single cast it once?..

this is what i have atm
event
Unit - a unit begins channeling an ability
condition
unit type of casting unit equal to shock trooper
action
unit - create 1 dumby for owner of casting unit at position of triggering unit facing default
unit order last created unit to orc far seer chain lightning target unit of ability being cast
wait 1.00
unit - remove last created unit from the game

Level 1
ok.. i got it working with a slow dumby spell.. only problem is now.. even though i took out the slow part of the spell/its debuff.. it still will leave a debuff that does nothing and will make it so the unit doesnt want to cast it again on the unit?.. any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.