• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Endless Chain Lightning plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've been working on this spell for about 12 hours... but I cant get the results I want.

I would like for the duration of the channeling to have a chain lighting to be cast every X seconds.

I can get it to endlessly cast chain lightnings and watch everything drop while lagging everything up.

Originally I just wanted a chain that would bounce 150 times or so and return to targets it hit before, but after looking at forums I believe Jass is required for that.

I tried throwing a wait(normal) or gametime and both stopped the trigger from working completely...

I also Use multiple triggers in order to achieve this spell if anyone could show me what I'm doing wrong or a way to compress it to one trigger I would appreciate it.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Endless Chain
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Lightning for (Triggering player) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing 1.00 degrees
    • Unit - Add dummy Endless Chain to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Set cl = True
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to dummy Endless Chain
  • Actions
    • If (cl Equal to True) then do (Do nothing) else do (Skip remaining actions)
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Lightning for (Triggering player) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing 1.00 degrees
    • Unit - Add dummy Endless Chain to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of (Playable map area)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
    • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Endless Chain
  • Actions
    • Set cl = False

Level 9
  • Blah01
    • Events:
      • Unit - A unit Begins an effect of an ability
    • Conditions:
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Endless Chain (hero)
    • Actions:
      • Set EC[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = True
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing default building facing degrees.
      • Unit - Add Endless Chain (dummy) to (Last Created unit)
      • Set EC_dummy[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last Created unit)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from (Units within 400.00 of TempPoint matching ((Matching unit) Not equal to EC_dummy[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) is Enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions:
          • Unit - Order EC_dummy[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to Orc - Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
  • Blah02
    • Events:
      • Unit - A unit Begins an effect of an ability
    • Conditions:
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Endless Chain (dummy)
    • Actions:
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Move EC_dummy[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] instantly to TempPoint
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from (Units within 400.00 of TempPoint matching ((Matching unit) Not equal to EC_dummy[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) is Enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions:
          • Unit - Order EC_dummy[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to Orc - Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • If (EC[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to False) then do Unit - Remove EC_dummy[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] from the game else (Do nothing)
  • Blah03
    • Events:
      • Unit - A unit finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions:
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Endless Chain (hero)
    • Actions:
      • Set EC[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = False
Something like that, maybe? (Im not sure if this is gonna work, but you can try working with it a bit...)

Level 1
I figured out how to fix my current one, Stupid reason it wasent working...

How can i make leveling the dummy chain simple? or how to at all for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.