• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AOE trigger problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have been unable to find an AOE dummy spell that allows me to be able to call a point. By AOE spell i mean before you cast it, you see the circle of where it is going to effect, eg Blizzard. Ive tried this with Flame Strike, Blizzard and Cluster Rockets and all triggering that i've use with them don't work.

What i want is a cluster rockets spell, but its not channeling, you can walk off and the spell is still going

Events
- A unit begins casting an ability

Conditions
- Spell being cast is equal to Blizzard

Actions
- Create 1 Dummy Unit at Target point of triggering unit
- Add a 6 second expiration timer to dummy unit
- Add Cluster Rockets to dummy unit
- Order Dummy unit to Tinker - Cluster Rockets target point of ability being cast

^^^That doesn't work :(

So im wondering if there is a spell with an AOE circle, that allows me to call the point of where it is getting cast.
Thanks.

Level 2
thanks purple ill try that now. And by leaks do you mean how it has triggering unit instead of casting unit, and i forgot to write last created unit, instead i wrote dummy unit. <(^@^)>

Status
Not open for further replies.