• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys how can i change the race that is in the lobby(before starting the game)? Where it says Human, Orc, Night Elf and Undead. I want to show naga race.. Because in my map i have a naga race. Is it possible with a script or something

Level 21
Game Interface menu allows you to change the names of the races. It's pretty useless though because those changes only take place AFTER loading the map. For example: the first time you play the map, you'll still see human, orc, undead, ne, and if the next map happens to be a melee map, you'll be playing as zerg, terran, protoss or xel'naga.

Adding or removing races is not at all possible.

Level 2
1: You can only modify the race names. Not add or remove.
2: It wont show until the next map a person joins after playing yours. Meaning "Night Elves" would be "Xel'naga" while the person is in a lobby for Wintermaul Wars - thus making it a useless change.

Level 7
hmm thats what i want to change the name... Just to say naga... Why Blizzard don't let this. Didn't they thought that we want to use other races than Human, Orc,Undead and Night Elfs.. I don't get them

Level 7
Starcraft 1 and Starcraft 2 RULL. They are 100 times better that Warcraft. But i'm making a map 2 mounts and i'm sick of this stupidity.... When will Starcraft 2 be published?

Level 9
Blizzard is one of the biggest game dev in the world (and one of the more sympathetic one)
Who are you to say they're stupid ?

For you information, the World Editor was first nothing else but the tool Blizzard used to create warcraft's maps
adding a features in this tool wasn't free, so they put in it only thing they needed
they didn't need to allow to change race's name

after finishing warcraft 3, they released it with the World Editor, this tool was already done so it was free to give it to the player
they wasn't expected that we will love using it this much

since that, they started to add some features to please us
but things like changing races have to be anticipated since the beggining of the game dev

i'm sick of the insignificant people who freelly criticize the significant ones

PS : if you want to know scarcraft II release day, search by yourself instead of asking people to do it for you, nobody here is your servant

Level 7
Ok guys... And YoshiRyu i don't criticize... I just wanted to know if this could be done. Sorry if i made a mistake but I think that this is forgoten by Blizzard. So thread is finished this couldn't be done.. Thanks to all you guys for the help....

Status
Not open for further replies.