• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was wondering if anyone knows how to create custom races and make is so they are playable in game. For example if I wanted to add Naga into a melee map so that when you go into the lobby you now have 6 race choices (Human, Orc, Night Elf, Undead, Naga, and random).
Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Murfinator

Level 7
afaik this isnt possible without modding warcraft 3, cause i think the (amount of) races (is) are hardcoded within wc3

Level 3
I'm taking it then the only way i could do it is to replace all the units of one race with all the units of a custom race then?

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
If im not wrong, there was a tutorial about making a custom race in Tutorial Section. U should check it. If it isnt there, use search.
Also, I must say that u cant make the selection before starting the game. If u want 5 race, u must create a trigger. At first u will make a dummy for the player and amount unit or anything that present all of ur race. Then when a dummy step in or anything like that, u will create a custom race for it. I'll send u a test map about this since I cant explain it clearly.
EDIT: here is the test map: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=dk7mcy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.