1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Race Problem

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Igor_Z, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Igor_Z

Igor_Z

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys how can i change the race that is in the lobby(before starting the game)? Where it says Human, Orc, Night Elf and Undead. I want to show naga race.. Because in my map i have a naga race. Is it possible with a script or something

2. Kwah

Kwah

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't believe so. Use a dialog at the start of the game instead. For more information about dialogs look here.

3. Igor_Z

Igor_Z

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there some other way

4. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nope, you can't change it.

5. Martin Barbov

Martin Barbov

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, you can change it. I've seen a starcraft map where in the loby the races were changed to Zerg Terran Protoss and Xel'naga.

Too bad I have no idea how it was done(maybe replacing some files??)

6. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Game Interface menu allows you to change the names of the races. It's pretty useless though because those changes only take place AFTER loading the map. For example: the first time you play the map, you'll still see human, orc, undead, ne, and if the next map happens to be a melee map, you'll be playing as zerg, terran, protoss or xel'naga.

Adding or removing races is not at all possible.

7. 777devil777

777devil777

Resources:
    Resources:
    1: You can only modify the race names. Not add or remove.
    2: It wont show until the next map a person joins after playing yours. Meaning "Night Elves" would be "Xel'naga" while the person is in a lobby for Wintermaul Wars - thus making it a useless change.

8. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    *cough*

Thanks for repeating me 5 hours after my post...

9. Igor_Z

Igor_Z

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm thats what i want to change the name... Just to say naga... Why Blizzard don't let this. Didn't they thought that we want to use other races than Human, Orc,Undead and Night Elfs.. I don't get them

10. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nope, they didn't think so. And they have learned a LOT from their past games, which is one of the reasons why it's said that you WILL be able to do this in starcraft 2.

11. Igor_Z

Igor_Z

Resources:
    Resources:
    Starcraft 1 and Starcraft 2 RULL. They are 100 times better that Warcraft. But i'm making a map 2 mounts and i'm sick of this stupidity.... When will Starcraft 2 be published?

12. YoshiRyu

YoshiRyu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard is one of the biggest game dev in the world (and one of the more sympathetic one)
    Who are you to say they're stupid ?

For you information, the World Editor was first nothing else but the tool Blizzard used to create warcraft's maps
    adding a features in this tool wasn't free, so they put in it only thing they needed
    they didn't need to allow to change race's name

after finishing warcraft 3, they released it with the World Editor, this tool was already done so it was free to give it to the player
    they wasn't expected that we will love using it this much

since that, they started to add some features to please us
    but things like changing races have to be anticipated since the beggining of the game dev

i'm sick of the insignificant people who freelly criticize the significant ones

PS : if you want to know scarcraft II release day, search by yourself instead of asking people to do it for you, nobody here is your servant

13. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    *claps*
    personally, i think starcraft 1 was much worse than warcaft3. since all starcraft 1 was a bunch of pictures moving around.
    but your best bet would be using the dialouge popup

14. Kwah

Kwah

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [OFF TOPIC]

Yes, a dialog is the answer. If you look at other altered melee's they mostly use dialogs.

15. Igor_Z

Igor_Z

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok guys... And YoshiRyu i don't criticize... I just wanted to know if this could be done. Sorry if i made a mistake but I think that this is forgoten by Blizzard. So thread is finished this couldn't be done.. Thanks to all you guys for the help....

16. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Or use an unit with spells that are used to choose race. I hate pressing enter at the dialogs that come on the start of the game. :/