• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick question about system reqs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Not sure if this is the right place but hopefully it'll do

I'm wondering how laggy sc2 will be on my computer mainly I'm worried about video card but anyways here's my system specs

Video card: Intel GMA 4500
Memory: 3 gig
CPU: Dual core 2.00 GHz

Anything else ya need to know is here
http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/asus-k50ij-rx05/4507-3121_7-33695860.html
I know unless someone else has this exact same specs no ones gonna know for sure but a rough guess would be nice ^^

Anyways sorry if this is the wrong spot

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It will probably only do low. Both processor and graphic cards are extreemly poor compared to gaming targeted ones. Keep in mind though that ultraing SC2 is not too difficult thus low should work pretty well on slow non gamming systems so it should work to some degree as long as the drivers support it.

Complex maps might cause you probelms due to your CPU or GPU (if having to render a lot of geometry even at low like 400 unit combat). Especially if you have a lot of background processes running so I advise turning off messangers and closing browsers while playing to just give it that little bit more time for the game.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Cheezeman, hes using an intigrated graphic card.... Those are garbage mostly for gaming so I seriously doubt he will be able to medium the game.

Also it is only a dual core. Although its better than a single core, quad cores still have very minor preformance boots and also its clock frequency is low. The CPU demands of higher graphic settings probably would prevent him from using them.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Incase you do not realize, even something like an old 8800 gts is still extreemly powerful. Infact it is stronger than all geforce 100 cards as far as I know and only beat by middle to top range gefoce 200 cards. They were even rebranded and sold as geforce 9 cards at one stage.

Yes it is only half as powerful as my geforce 275 GTX but it is still half as powerful so you can probably get high or ultra from it most of the time (considering my card does not even drop frames when there are 100s of colossus onscreen).

However your CPU is a piece of garbage. Most of the low frame rate you will get (especially at higher settings like ultra) would be your CPU bottleknecking the game. SC2 really needs a dual core to perform optimly as it can utalize atleast 2 cores almost completly.

Status
Not open for further replies.