1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Quick question about system reqs

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by Alucard., Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alucard.

Alucard.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not sure if this is the right place but hopefully it'll do

I'm wondering how laggy sc2 will be on my computer mainly I'm worried about video card but anyways here's my system specs

Video card: Intel GMA 4500
    Memory: 3 gig
    CPU: Dual core 2.00 GHz

Anything else ya need to know is here
    http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/asus-k50ij-rx05/4507-3121_7-33695860.html
    I know unless someone else has this exact same specs no ones gonna know for sure but a rough guess would be nice ^^

Anyways sorry if this is the wrong spot

2. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, those specs should definitely be good enough. I had a video card significantly worse in my old computer, and it was able to run SC2 with no noticeable lag (on low settings, though).

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It will probably only do low. Both processor and graphic cards are extreemly poor compared to gaming targeted ones. Keep in mind though that ultraing SC2 is not too difficult thus low should work pretty well on slow non gamming systems so it should work to some degree as long as the drivers support it.

Complex maps might cause you probelms due to your CPU or GPU (if having to render a lot of geometry even at low like 400 unit combat). Especially if you have a lot of background processes running so I advise turning off messangers and closing browsers while playing to just give it that little bit more time for the game.

4. Cheezeman

Cheezeman

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Man, you have dual core? O.O
    And 3gb ram?
    There's no way sc2's going to lag even with moderate settings.

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Cheezeman, hes using an intigrated graphic card.... Those are garbage mostly for gaming so I seriously doubt he will be able to medium the game.

Also it is only a dual core. Although its better than a single core, quad cores still have very minor preformance boots and also its clock frequency is low. The CPU demands of higher graphic settings probably would prevent him from using them.

6. Cheezeman

Cheezeman

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually I was just having fun. Personally I run starcraft 2 on moderate settings with a single core 3.2GHz, 2gb of ram and nvidia's 8800 gts (which is, iirc, pretty old).
    To sum it up I believe any computer which can run wc3 can run sc2.

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Incase you do not realize, even something like an old 8800 gts is still extreemly powerful. Infact it is stronger than all geforce 100 cards as far as I know and only beat by middle to top range gefoce 200 cards. They were even rebranded and sold as geforce 9 cards at one stage.

Yes it is only half as powerful as my geforce 275 GTX but it is still half as powerful so you can probably get high or ultra from it most of the time (considering my card does not even drop frames when there are 100s of colossus onscreen).

However your CPU is a piece of garbage. Most of the low frame rate you will get (especially at higher settings like ultra) would be your CPU bottleknecking the game. SC2 really needs a dual core to perform optimly as it can utalize atleast 2 cores almost completly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.