• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Quick 10 second job thats giving me a headache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I need a rail-gun projectile, its really simpe but I can't seem to work out how to rotate a ribbon emmitter...

I want it to look like this

hollanderravenpic14.jpg

The one with the rings.

Textures\Shockwave10.blp - Texture I found for the rings
Textures\RibbonNE1_White.blp - Texture I found for the projectile

I used 2 planes perpendicular to each other and just set the material to 2 sided, I was trying to use a ribbon emite to produce the rings but they come out sideways. :S

If someone could make this it'd be greatly appreaciated xD

Regards,
MadCD:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 10
there must be a way to do it, the ribbom emmiter for the sea elemental is on a differant plane and its definately a ribbon emitter. I think it has to be done in 3ds but I couldn't see any way of determing a ribbons direction.

What exactly does gravity do? Maybe thats how to rotate stuff?

Regards,
MadCD

Status
Not open for further replies.