• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Retera Model Studio) Removing a part of this model crashes WE & War3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello everyone.

This is my second question in the model section of these forums.
Fact is I have no real knowledge about modeling, and just try to do things with intuition with the provided tools.

I use the latest version of Retera Model Studio Reforged Hack.

It has worked pretty well so far, and I have made the models I needed so far (some are simple models others are simple edits).

I just encountered my first real problem.

For my current project, I needed a custom tower Model.
I found the right inspiration here :

Starfall Empire

I am very fond of Mythic's work (and those who help him). So I chose 2 models from this Starfall Empire package - and the good thing is they share the same textures - and combined them :

I extracted the double rotating rings (just the rings, nothing else) from the AuriCaster, and imported them into the Stormbell Onion.

I am very pleased with the result, except with a small glitch with an effect called "flashpoint". using rotation, I managed to make it animate vertically, but it is still distraction.

When I try to remove the associated bone, the result is exactly what I want. But it seems I missed some kind of related content as the resulting model crashes World Editor and the game itself.

Note that without removing that effect, the model works fine ingame (the flashpoint effect is quite unpleasant though).

So I would just like to know what I missed and how I should properly remove that effect without resulting in a corrupted model.

EDIT : forgot to mention there are actually 2 "flashpoint" bones. inside the "Balmain" Helper, inside the "Bone_Root" Helper.

I attached the model and the textures.

The paths for the textures are :
Custom Textures\AtlanteanBTex.blp, and Custom Textures\PsionicGlow.blp all the other textures are inside the game's Casc storage.

Thank you for any help you could provide,
Take care.

EDIT : Nevermind, I fixed it myself using Magos Model Editor. Fun enough it found the hidden link and severed it. The model now works great.

Attachments

• StormBell.mdx
    131.6 KB · Views: 20
  • AtlanteanBTex.blp
    41.3 KB · Views: 18
  • PsionicGlow.blp
    4.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.