• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a few questions, much thanks to any who try and help.

Is it possible to save unit data (not hero), basicaly just the items at the time of death. If so is there anything to get me on the right track?

What would be the best way to add an always on ability that can reduce a % of magic damage. I was thinking basing it on avatar but that has to be activated.

How hard would it be to have a deeper in-game scoring mechanism that would use ratings like a ladder system? Has this been done/any resources? I tried to start this but couldn't figure out a decent way of doing it. (Would have taken me like 2 hours to make all the triggers and I had no idea if it would even come close to working.)

Lastly in an earlier thread I asked about changing the height of a spells casting point and was told there was a Cast point variable somewhere within the object editor. I have looked atleast 15 times now in every possible place I could think of and still have yet to find this. I do not doubt of it's existance as it makes much more sense to have this then not, but if someone could let me know the exact location and name of this it would be great.

Level 7
Erushnak said:
I have a few questions, much thanks to any who try and help.

Is it possible to save unit data (not hero), basicaly just the items at the time of death. If so is there anything to get me on the right track?

What would be the best way to add an always on ability that can reduce a % of magic damage. I was thinking basing it on avatar but that has to be activated.

How hard would it be to have a deeper in-game scoring mechanism that would use ratings like a ladder system? Has this been done/any resources? I tried to start this but couldn't figure out a decent way of doing it. (Would have taken me like 2 hours to make all the triggers and I had no idea if it would even come close to working.)

Lastly in an earlier thread I asked about changing the height of a spells casting point and was told there was a Cast point variable somewhere within the object editor. I have looked atleast 15 times now in every possible place I could think of and still have yet to find this. I do not doubt of it's existance as it makes much more sense to have this then not, but if someone could let me know the exact location and name of this it would be great.

in single player u could use a gamecache to store anything -- multiplayer the only method we have now is save codes

what about the one the mountain giant has? i think it can reduce magic damage as well

i don't know what u mean

no clue, i don't deal with the object editor much

Level 2
In regards to the height of the spells I was refering to the height at which it is cast. As it is now the missel models are half in the ground, I just want it to move up some.

What I meant about the scoring system was something like this. Each player has a rating starting at something like 100. Player A dies to Player B and using the forumal of say Killer/Guywhodied*5 would give 105 and then set the guy who died to 95. Now later on in the game it might be something like a guy who was 120 rating dies to a guy who had 60. The idea is just to make a Leaderboard system more accurate then just kills/deaths because it doesn't take into account the fact that player b has 7/9 kills on a guy who is 0-11.

Status
Not open for further replies.