• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Question; WE & other programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello people.

I'm about to start on a new project (one that I joined, as terrainer), and I've been wondering about what program to use...
As I don't have any real answer (tested it a little bit myself, but no solid answer), I'm gonna have to try my luck here.

If I work on a map in a program such as WEU, using vJass and whatsoever as well, is there ANYTHING related to that/those programs, that will prevent other people (my team-members) from opening up the map in the normal WE?

If so, would you suggest making it in the normal WE instead?
I will +rep the one with a solid answer, if wanted.

- AR.

Level 8
You can use normal WE. Using WEU would be the same thing, as without the Enhancer the terrain is just like in the normal WE. In JNGP you can add up to 16 tiles (maximum, even with triggers), but maybe your partners would need it to, i don't use it. My advice is to stick with WE. But if your mates use WEU and have WEU add-on triggers, you gonna need it just to open the map.

Level 3
You can use normal WE. Using WEU would be the same thing, as without the Enhancer the terrain is just like in the normal WE. In JNGP you can add up to 16 tiles (maximum, even with triggers), but maybe your partners would need it to, i don't use it. My advice is to stick with WE. But if your mates use WEU and have WEU add-on triggers, you gonna need it just to open the map.

Nuh that was kinda what made us wonder;
I'm the one using WEU, and (sometimes) using add-on triggers. So we mainly had to know if I was going to use WE or not, and you just answered my question, so..

Thanks a lot, and +rep for you :cool:

EDIT
Since we're not allowed to do it ourselves (as far as I understand), could an admin please change this thread to Solved? Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 30
WEU is no longer available - it is overbugger and causes intense crashes. The only thing it does what is good is the ,,fastening" of WE, which is basically just turning off the ,,Brush List". WEU may sound good, but I made mistake using it. Maps edited in WEU can't be tested and played in WE. Try googling issues with WEU. You will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.