• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A Few Questions {how to make spells / how to make models and skins / ... }

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok well i'm new to warcraft 3 mapping and want to know what a few things are and how to do a few things using the warcraft editor as well as other programs.

1) How do i make a spell ?
Do i have to use a different program or is it made by using triggers in some way. This is for both the animation and the implantation of a spell onto a map.

2) How do i make my own models and skins ?
What programs could i use to do this and how would i put them onto a map.

3) What is Terraining ?
What program is used to do this ?

4) What is Jass ?
What is it used for?

5) What is WEU ?

6) Can icons be made in fireworks ?

7) How can i put custom Icons onto my map ?

8) What are a map designers best tools to use to create a high quality map?

9) How can i make my own custom icon for my map and loading page ?

Thanks in advance for answering some of these question if not all.

Level 21
There are tutorials on this site.
1)use triggers or Jass
2)for models use Magos model editor and some other programs (i don't model so I don't know all of them).Skins can be made in Photoshot.
3)Terrainig is making terrain in World Editor.
4)Jass is program for programing.Someone will tell you more.People use it to make spells also
5)WEU is short for World Editor Unlimited.It is "better" version but with many flaws...
7)Import it.There is that option in Editor.
8)You use Editor what else?
9)Photoshot.

Level 19
1) Sorry, triggers (first I thought its some custom program that you put variables like 2x str in WE but then I got WTF)

2) You can make Models in Milkshape and with using MDX exporter of Guesst you can export them in Warcraft III model format, and you can make final touches with War3 Model Editor (like adding particles)

3) Terraining is environment designing in World Editor, you can modify terrain and place nice lookind doodads (objects for decoration) to make your map look better

4) Jass is a programming language which is coded version of triggers
You can view a Jass version of a trigger with clicking Edit on Trigger Editor and selection Convert to Custom text
Piece of jass codes can also be used in default triggers with using "Custom script" action

5) WEU is an enchanced world editor
Its Features are: Removing some default WE limits and providing some extra triggers those can be handy for users who arent very good at triggering
However its not suggested because of its extra triggers may cause some problems

6) Icons can be made in any painting program. But after you create an icon you need a converter to convert it to "blp" format. Wc3 Viewer can convert any picture file to blp as I know

7) There is a button called Import Editor in WE if you have installed The Frozen Throne expansion (also I heard there are importers for users didnt installed Frozen Throne but I dont know any)
Its the 2nd button from last (2 file icons and a green arrow on them)

8) For creating quality maps you need to be good at triggering which you can get better with Tutorials or Exploring Actions-Conditions-Events and reading their descriptions to learn what they do
Best way to make quality maps is learning Jass but before you learn Jass you need to know default triggers first
Best map makers use the tool named Jass NewGen Pack as I know because that it makes Jass easier to use
It allows you to import any types of files
After you import your icon file as blp format you can go throught Icon data of your unit-ability-buff and change it to icon you imported

9) For icons look at 6
For loading screen War3 Model Editor has a Loading Screen creator in its Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.