• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So.... A few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
My best friend's birthday is coming up, and I've decided to make him a map present that says "Happy Birthday, ____!" I have a few questions to ask, though. I'm in a rush.

1. How do you make the lobby map to be black?
2. How do you basically make your camera zoom out enough to see a tiny map?

I also appreciate if you guys put out suggestions for me.

Level 19
1. Hmm... I suppose you could place nothing on the map and make the fog of war cover the entire map, if that was what you meant, if you wanted the map picture to be black, just set the map display as the in-game map.

2. You could make a trigger that activates on Game Initialization, then put a zoom to start the game with.

Level 4
1. Hmm... I suppose you could place nothing on the map and make the fog of war cover the entire map, if that was what you meant, if you wanted the map picture to be black, just set the map display as the in-game map.

I'm actually writing the words on the terrain. I was talking about the map that you see when you join a game. I need it to be black.

2. You could make a trigger that activates on Game Initialization, then put a zoom to start the game with.

How? I'm very bad with triggers.

Level 8
That's what you wanted? I added some fireworks lol so it's a leaking machine. But you won't play on it and will not remain in the map for much long, so it's fine ;D

Attachments

• Birthday.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 63
Level 6
Go in Senario > Map options > Hide minimap in preview screen but i think it's already set for the map -soulburn

Level 8
It was :)
Also, for the black question you can use the Outland Abyss tile. Or use a fade filter all black with 0 transparency.

Level 4
Go in Senario > Map options > Hide minimap in preview screen but i think it's already set for the map -soulburn

I'll try this. Thanks :)

It was :)
Also, for the black question you can use the Outland Abyss tile. Or use a fade filter all black with 0 transparency.

No, I was talking about the ingame map at the bottom-left corner that you see stuff on it. I need it to be a black box in it so that it doesn't reveal the surprise message I had written on the terrain.

Level 8
Status
Not open for further replies.