• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've been working on my map and I've encountered a few questions that I would be really happy if they would be answered.

1. Is it possible to change the Target Acquisition Range (A.K.A Aggro range.) for an computer's units? Because it would really help lower the amount of the triggering and possibly lag if it's possible. (I want computer Brown to have it's units always attack the nearest non Computer Brown owned unit.)

2. I have a hero concept where the hero always goes the direction it's facing though the user can always turn the moving off (Preventing them from moving at all) then back on again. Even though I do know this is possible but I don't know how to do it, could you please tell me or link to me how to do it?

3. I there anyway for making it impossible for ranged units to attack other units that are on the other side of a wall?

4. Are there any tutorials on how to make good use of the Abilities and Buff/Effects part of the Object editor?

5. How do I make neutral passive humans try to run away when attacked? I've tried setting their classification to worker but it didn't work.

6. The last thing is could you tell me a 3rd party program which will allow me to put in more than 96 neutral passive buildings?

I'm sorry they seem slightly rude and rushed but it would help me a great deal if you did help me.

Level 9
1) it's possible to change the aggro range for an unit-type
in the worst case, you have to duplicate each unit-type to make the closer ones

3) use a building without collision for the wall and add path blocker (and set the shoot angle to 45% for the archers ;)

4) search in the tutorial section

5) in the unit editor, set the field "can flee" to true

Status
Not open for further replies.