• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

a few map builder questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hi guys im new and all to hive but i am an okay map builder but i have a few questions to ask so i can work out a few bugs, glitches, etc. for a map i am working on.

1.how to make hp go down over time during game progress
2. how to make mana go down over time during game progress
3. make random items used for different tasks during game in random spots
4. how to make items in your inventory (eg. island troll tribes inventory resource building)

Level 18
1.how to make hp go down over time during game progress
Unit - real - set HP of unit
same for mana

3. make random items used for different tasks during game in random spots - hmm?
set a = item 1
set b = item 2
set c = item 3
set x = random integer 1-3 if c = 1 then create a at random position on playable map area

4. how to make items in your inventory (eg. island troll tribes inventory resource building)
Unit aquires a item
item = recipe
if unit has bacon in slot 1 and bread in slot 2
then remove bacon and bread and create sandwich
else nothing

BTW, I haven't heard anyone using the map builder expresion :), people tend to say map makers or map creators.

Level 1
any tips on LOAP maps? i need to know how the whole realestate thing with the realator and when you buy a house thing works out

Level 11
For the health degeneration you can just set it in object editor. Hold shift while you select the value. And if you want them to lose hp at night (cuz its cold) then you can just set the hp regen to night only

Status
Not open for further replies.