• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Builder Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I was adding some custom buildings to a builder a few minuts ago and when i started up a test run of the builder, i noticed only haf of the buildings showed up in the Build Menu.
My question is, How can i make my builder have more then just 1 Build Menu?

O and 1 more thing how can i make a unit, say a Blood Elf Sorceress have a building anamation like a hammer hitting the constructing building?

+ rep if you can fix eather of these problems :thumbs_up::spell_breaker:

For the first question, no, you cant make a builder have 2 build menus, but there is a way.
  • Switch Builder Menus Type A
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Build Tech Level
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current research level of Build Tech Level for (Owner of (Researching unit))) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace Builder[(Player number of (Owner of (Researching unit)))] with a Peasant (level 1) using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current research level of Build Tech Level for (Owner of (Researching unit))) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace Builder[(Player number of (Owner of (Researching unit)))] with a Peasant (level 2) using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current research level of Build Tech Level for (Owner of (Researching unit))) Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace Builder[(Player number of (Owner of (Researching unit)))] with a Peasant (level 3) using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions
Or you can do it with an ability.
  • Switch Builder Menus Type B
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Swap Buildings
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Peasant Type A
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace Builder[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] with a Peasant Type B using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Peasant Type B
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace Builder[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] with a Peasant Type C using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Peasant Type C
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace Builder[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] with a Peasant Type A using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions
For your second question, you need a custom model.

Status
Not open for further replies.