• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few questions on WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
A few questions on WE (update)

well im making my first map about the movie "i am legend"
it's storyline and gamestyle r pretty common, it's just zombie attacks and stuff.
here's my questions:
SOLVED
1. i want to have the hero picking up a item (ie: minigun), and after they pick it up, they would have an ability of minigun(based on ability like auto-casting arrows)
i tried like:
unit gets an item
item type of item carried by triggering unit in slot1 equal minigun
add ability minigun to triggering unit
but it doesnt work, then i think if i give the item an skill and when it is used the hero gets the ability but i still didnt get it to work
so both picking up the item to get ability or use item to get ability is fine
SOLVED
2. like i said im pretty noobie to map making, so how do i change hero's level limit (like make it to level 50) :/
3. i want to know the author for the models in my map and hopefully i can ask them for premission to use it. (5 building model, 1 destoryed building, vette, hellrider, boat, police car, bridge, street light, destoryed street light, minigun, pistol, submachine gun, shot gun and assult rifle)
4. is it possible to change a hero's size (like how much space he takes)
5. i try to make the mutants to attack the survivors but somehow after a few waves they dont come anymore and just sit there do nothing.
this is the trigger i used:
event:
a unit enters spawn(where they appears)
condition:
or-any conditions is true
unit type of mutant/mutant leader(normal/medium/hard)
action:
unit-order (triggering unit) to attack-move (position of (random unit from (units in (playable map area) owned by (random player from (all enemies of player 9 (gray)))))
what's wrong with it?... the space i left is very big for them all to be in the area
thank you for your help

Attachments

• i am legend.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 9
i dont think you need permission to use others work, you only need it for editing their work, and you can go advanced -> gameplay constants to change hero level, and i think you should put your minigun skill on the item, and use it on the item slot.

Level 10
Well about your first question make a trigger:
Events
A unit acquires an item
Conditions
Hero manipulating item has item of type Minigun equal to True
--- This includes the manipulated item ---
Actions
Give <<ability>> to Hero

This will work! About the level thing try advanced gameplay constants and change max hero level.

EDIT: About the 4th question, do you mean make him look bigger, smaller etc?
You don't need permission to use models, they're submitted here for a reason: to be used! Just give credits! Did I solve your problems? Rep is appreciated!

Level 4
it works, thx :D
the 4th question, i dont mean make his model bigger or smaller, i mean the actual space he takes
and i need the names of the author of the models...
and a new question appears:
how do i make the unit only carries one of the gun item at a time? (there are 5 gun items)
and when they pick up a new gun item it drops

Last edited:
Level 10
5. Well, this is a WE problem, not a trigger problem. I had the same problem back there when I made a TD! Really annoying! Try converting to Jass? It may work! Just click it and change it to script (there's a way to do so, but I don't remember exactly) I will find out and tell you. Or just make another trigger saying every XX seconds pick random unit of <<controller of mutants>> and order it to attack random unit... Make a condition in this triger to check if the unit is inside spawn and do so. This way the mutants will be ordered to attack and if they have a problem getting out of spawn, they'll just move with this trigger. I hope this works!

Status
Not open for further replies.