• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] A Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey, I've got a few questions about the editor that i have run into while making my custom melee map.

#1: I have made custom heros for my map but i have a question about training them. The pre-set heros such as the paladin and archmage are only trainable once, then they go away i can't seem to make my custom heros go away or dissapear from the train menu, the follow the techtree requirements but after you upgrade your town hall you can build another of the same hero :eekani: this gets very frustrating. can someone please help me on this?

#2: There are custom units in the map i am working on, there are also custom buildings. Players are smart enough to build these units or buildings but computers are not, so i tried to make an AI. That didn't go so well, i had the AI set up with the units that the Humans, Undead etc. AI can build. i also added a trigger that initiates the AI for certain computer players. But when i tested the game out the computer literally did NOTHING :ogre_frown: why won't the AI work?

More questions may be posted as time goes on and i pregress more into my map. Sorry for the long questions and thankyou if you answer them :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.