• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] AI problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Im not sure witch section im gonna create this AI thread at, but i can remove if its at wrong section.
...Anyways...

I have readed some few AI editor tutorials and i did understand a bit of them.
But in my map, the AI is gonna be only building Custom buildings. [There gonna be many computers who is gonna build.]
So my problems are that i dont know how to make them to build the custom Buildings. And how they gonna do it.

Im quite new at the AI editor so... yeah, hope some one can help me out, would with pleasure give away +Rep for those who helped me out.

This is a tiny tutorial, but basically it gives you an understanding; open the .ai file (or .wai, if generated from the AI editor) and edit the globals.
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=4139

and also this tutorial:
-Race: This is obviously important; an orc AI can only make orc units. If you want to be free in that sense, you can pick 'custom'. This opens up other options so you can create custom races AI's. However, to use custom units in an AI, you need to open up the object editor where the custom units are, use the 'export all object data' under the 'file' menu, and import the data into the AI editor using the custom data area on the bottom of the general tab.
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=89199

Level 12
Just to be honest, i didnt understand so much of that, but thats because im new to it. But how to you gonna tell a custom unit to build the custom towers? Like, i dont get one of the custom to build a building but it dont work, might be that im importing something wrong or... Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.