• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about the Dota 2 Workshop tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So basically i finally decided to download the workshop tools and my first goal is quite simple: Make a new or "modified" dota 2 game mode

for anyone interested, the mode is ARDM WTF (All Random Deathmatch WHAT THE FUCK mode)
basically you can easily play that in a lobby with cheats enabled

The problem is that some heroes are utterly useless, some are overly over powered thus i need to change some spells and items

Now as of the questions, i spent around an hour trying to guess how to open the script editor (or whatever it's name is), help
Also i have the dota template map open, does it contain all spells and items already or do i need to add them manually?

Level 3
Now as of the questions, i spent around an hour trying to guess how to open the script editor (or whatever it's name is), help
Also i have the dota template map open, does it contain all spells and items already or do i need to add them manually?

Scripts are text files, so any text editor becomes your "script editor". I use Sublime with some snippets designed for Dota KeyValues and Lua. Read more in this guide here.

Status
Not open for further replies.