• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota 2 Workshop Tools Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, thought of making a thread with the Dota 2 Workshop Tools Updates (the ones that has release notes), copy pasted from the devs at http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=316570

Disclaimer/FYI: I'm usually (fashionable) late to the party, so if you are active elsewhere chances are you'd already read them, if so; feel free to post any update notes and I'll update the thread (thanks in advance)

Feel free to discuss any updates,

---

Dota 2 Workshop Tools Alpha Update - January 21st, 2015

• Fixed crash in Hammer when double clicking on a prefab with no target map specified.
  • Fixed crash when attempting to view animation group files (.vagrp) in asset browser.
  • Fixed connection failures that would happen with certain unicode usernames.
  • Fixed spawngroup assertion on client where loading spawn groups were not included in the "initial spawn groups".
    [*]Fixed launch failures due to graphics device being busy on launch.
  • Added "Purge" script binding to npc_dota_base
  • Added "GetDOTATime" script binding to CDOTAGamerules.

---

Last edited:
Reactions: Rui
Level 3
Fixed launch failures due to graphics device being busy on launch.

This fixes the CTD when trying to host/join a custom game through the Dota2 client,

I had this issue on one of my computers, now it runs like a...kitten

1b04b36395dfab40fb29f66d5c13a259.png

Level 3
Free to play. Better tools. Better client. Wider audience.

If you aren't looking into Dota 2 Modding I don't know what else to tell you.

Level 9
Free to play. Better tools. Better client. Wider audience.

If you aren't looking into Dota 2 Modding I don't know what else to tell you.

Free game as DotA 2 I think less enjoyable that any item that changes the appearance of heroes, in my opinion, buying the items that change apperance. I think that I would like if the game need to pay a R$ (brazilian money) 35.00 to play that be free to play, trend less players stupids I think. But I think that know, that only this value is not enough to pay all employees, other costs and can profit I think. Not have a visual programming language similar to World Editor, not yet like this software. But respect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.