• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Question about quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, so i have another question. Here is what i did, i get the quest from npc, kill the paladin and then return. But here is a problem i just noticed. I used event, then unit dies
So the problem is that i can kill unit without taking the quest and then i just finish it, so please help how do i make the unit spawn, when i take quest?

Either make the Paladin invulnerable, to prevent his death or use
  • Tr
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • (PaladinQuest[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] is completed) Equal to False
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at Point1, Hide revival graphics
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

Level 2
Unit - Make unit Vulnerable/Invulnerable or simply add him the "Invulnerable" ability and Unit - Remove Invulnerable from Paladin 0001 <gen>, when the quest is initiated.

Thanks for advice but still i cant get it working, here are my triggers
  • Quest
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Find Gnash with the description You were recruited ..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNUnholyAura.blp
      • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Discovered
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: You were recruited ...
      • Unit - Add Invulnerable (Neutral) to Alliance spy commander 0060 <gen>
This is on start of my first quest, that quest starts immediatly after intro cinematics

And now here are the triggers for second (paladin) quest.
  • Progress
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove All buffs from Alliance spy commander 0060 <gen>
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Kill Therin Orcslay... with the description Gnash has ordered y..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
And this works he does get invurnerable, but then i can`t get him vurnerable
Here is another trigger, that one is for winning the quest.
  • Win1
    • Events
      • Unit - Alliance spy commander 0060 <gen> Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Completed
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Good job! Therin ha...
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Now find you way ba...
So where do i put to turn of invurnerable, i tried start of quest 2 but it is not working pls help!

Level 13
You just need
  • Unit - Make Alliance spy commander 0060 <gen> Invulnerable/ vulnerable
Also,why u make Alliance Spy commander 0060 invulnerable,if he turn into invulnerable,you can't kill him.
EDIT: Quest 2 use time elapsed or another events.

Level 2
  • Quest
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Find Gnash with the description You were recruited ..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNUnholyAura.blp
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: You were recruited ...
      • Unit - Add Invulnerable (Neutral) to Gnash 0000 <gen>
  • Progress
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Kill Therin Orcslay... with the description Gnash has ordered y..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Unit - Remove Invulnerable (Neutral) from Alliance spy commander 0060 <gen>
That is what i did and now he is not invurnerable anymore.damn

Level 2
Ok i have the intro scene, then i get a quest to talk to an npc, when i select the npc cinematic starts, and after cinematic i get the quest to kill the paladin.

So can you please tell me again how do i add it then remove it with triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.