• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Question About Icons with Wrong Paths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys,

Was just wondering, I have recently fixed a lot of Icons that had wrong paths. I have looked up threads on hive regarding crashes related to these icons, but have found nothing about them if the player using the units with incorrect icons is a computer player. Basically, I have just gone and fixed the icons for the maps I made in which the player controlled slots are using the race which had a unit with incorrect DISBTN and BTN paths. But I was wondering if i needed to go back and fix the paths for maps which the computer uses the race in question, not the players :p

Thanks for your time,

Level 20
Honestly if the computer is the only one using a specific race, I don't see why you need to even bother importing and changing icons for its units if nobody's gonna see them. That's just a waste of map size :p

Edit: unless you have some way to charm the units and make them your own, but meh...

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Also keep in mind that there are ways to see the icon of other players in certain situations.
For example a Kodo Beast devouring the unit or a Meat Wagon picking up the corpse of the unit.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The icons load for all players even if the units involved are never user controlled. As such, yes you will need to fix all imported icons. One could just delete the imports if they are never used by humans, since missing button textures is a pretty soft error (no bad side effects).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.