• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I can't seem to get the icons/skins I downloaded to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm still getting around using the World Editor, but I can't seem to get the icons/skins I'm downloading to work. The main problem is that the pathing isn't working. I'm using the pathing the maker of the file wrote, but it says the pathing is incorrect. I go into the import manager, click on "import file" under file, I type in (or paste) the pathing under "File Name", says pathing is incorrect. I have these icons placed on the desktop, does that matter?

Level 11
Yeah, find the files and simply click them, no need to type anything in. Then, in the import manager, double click the file, check the 'use custom path box', and change the path. BTN icons use ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons, and DSBTN uses ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled for paths.

As for skins, simply set the path to the unit the skin applies to. If the path isn't listed in the author's post, find the unit it applies to in the object editor, click model file, and it will show you the required path.

Live long and make maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.