• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing an Icon (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I begin with choosing the icon I want. I want to use it for an item. So from the beginning I only downloaded the first one, the BTN. It didnt work and after searching around it seemed I needed the DISBTN too. So I downloaded that one as well. Still nothing worked. I was confused as I didn't know what to save it as, I assumed it was "blp".
help1.PNG

Continuing...here are the files that were downloaded, the first one being the BTN and the latter being DISBTN.
help2.PNG

Here is the import manager. Where I didnt know if I should use a custom path or whatnot. Different soruces say different things. Neither worked.

help3.PNG

And as you can see here, the icon doesn't show up. I do not know why it doesn't work. I most definitely have done something incorrectly and I would appreciate someone showing me the way. I am very new to importing icons into WC3.
help4.PNG

The icon is supposed to replace the one for the Gauntlet of Strength, and of course I am renaming the item to something else.

Level 12
Yes, you must set a custom path:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\name.blp for the normal one and
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\name.blp for the disabled one.

Of course replace the "name" part with the icon name

Last edited:
Level 2
Yes, you must set a custom path:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\name.blp for the normal one and
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\name.blp for the disabled one.

Of course replace the "name" part with the icon name

help2.PNG

I did as you said or as I interpreted your answer. But still nothing. :(

Level 39
Did you save the map, close the WE, and re-open it after importing the files and changing the paths? It sort of needs to refresh on imports before they can be properly used. You may also have to give them the same name at the end of the path and use the proper BTN DISBTN prefix on them.
  • ...\BTNblueglove.blp
  • ...\DISBTNblueglove.blp

Level 2
It still doesn't work. Even tried test starting the map and it was just a green square instead of the actual image I wanted to use. Maybe it doesn't work because the path to said files doesn't exist? :oops: Not that I know where I am supposed to create a path.

help1.PNG

help2.PNG

Level 1
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNblueglove.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNblueglove.blp

Level 8

Attachments

• BlueGlove.w3m
    51.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Level 2
Pyrogasm, Here they are, they are white blank files on my screen though. As showed in previous screenshots.

Veldris, yeah I hope it isn't and I am just doing something wrong. Is there are reason the glove is smaller than the inventory slot, I suppose it isn't optimized for that size?

Attachments

• BTNblueglove.jpg
    BTNblueglove.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 39
  • DISBTNblueglove.jpg
    DISBTNblueglove.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 51

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try importing them into the map. The image you posted showed 2 corrupted files with 0kb (no contents)… You will need to reimport them and save. If they still have 0kb size after reloading the map there is some permission bug preventing the editor from importing them into the map.

Also be aware you must import BLP files and not JPEG files. If the icons are bundled in a zip pack you will need to download the entire zip to access the BLPs of the icons you want from inside it. JPEG and BLP are completely different formats so changing the file extension will not work. Warcraft III does not support JPEG as a texture format. Warcraft III only supports TGA and BLP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.