• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

I have read in some threads here in THW that if the file size of a map is too big, the map won't run if played within a campaign. I mean, if a too big map is imported as a level in a campaign, if one tries to run it, the map won't load.

Well, this has happened to me before. I had a map in which I had imported a lot of music, for testing purposes (the map was about 20 MB). It didn't run. However, when I imported the music in the campaign instead of the map itself, the file size was about 3 MB, and the map worked fine.

But now I find myself in a serious problem because of this "limitation". I've used the UTM to make the introductory cinematic map of my main proyect. The UTM has a big size, and I forgot that too big maps won't run in a campaign. My proyect is a campaign.
I need to know what is the maximum file size a map must have if I want it to run in a campaign. I'll have to delete imported models from the UTM until I reach that size. Anyone can help?

Regards

Level 23
there are campaigns here with 100 mb and they are playable just fine.
you can try and remove all models from UTM that you didnt use, it will reduce the size of the map by quite a lot unless you used every single doodad/destructable in UTM :D
Is it actually possible to play campaighns trough battle.net? anyways most campaigns are single player ones

Status
Not open for further replies.