• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Campaign Size Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if this is a valid post here, but does the campaign editor have an 8mb map size limit? like when you import the map into the campaign? If there is, then is there a way to overcome it?

I am trying to make a campaign, and I'm afraid that the music in one of the maps will go beyond 8mb and probably if I try to import it, the campaign editor won't accept it.

Level 25
Nope, you don't have to worry about the 8mb limit for anything single player. The only thing you'd have to worry about in terms of file size is the distribution to other people. Uploading or downloading a campaign that is over 200mb (I've seen at least one recently) would take a ridiculous amount of time if you have to make adjustments to it every now and then.

And of course if you use the same imported files between maps, you might as well import them into the campaign editor itself instead of the individual maps. Try to compress your music to somewhere around 112 bitrate if possible to get good sound quality while saving some space.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.