• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issue with the Campaign Editor Import Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I recently created a new campaign using the missions(maps) from Reign of Chaos Human Campaign. I changed a lot of stuff in the Object Editor of the Campaign (not the maps themselves! the Object Editors in the maps themselves are untouched) and it all works just fine. However I also have a lot of new models in the Import Manager of the Campaign (the Import Manager of each individual map is empty). The new models appear when I view/edit an individual map in the WE editor but not a SINGLE new model does appear when I start an individual map (I run the maps from the Custom Campaigns menu not via Test Map).

I did a lot of research on this issue already, both on this site and others, but haven't found a lot of info... What I did find seems to point towards the 8MBlimit- somehow the 8MB multiplayer limit applies to singleplayer campaigns as well, and I do have a lot of models in the Campaign Import Manager.

But this should only be an issue if the 8MB limit is crossed on an individual map, not on the Campaign Manager overall....

Does anyone have a clue about this?

Level 25
I have a campaign of 103 mbs currently, so no there is no limit for the maps on the total size.

Could you attach the campaign to a post here? Remove all but 1 map so we can test and see if we can help you.

Level 11
Here are the 3 missions that are included so far. In the first two missions there should be new models (that use ingame textures- eg: Mounted Captain) from the verry beggining.

Attachments

• Reformed Human Campaign.w3n
    34.6 MB · Views: 93
Level 25
It's a very simple error :D
When you import models through the normal Import Manager, the path to the models are:
war3mapImported\MountedFootman.mdl
However when you import it with the Campaign Import Manager, the path becomes:
war3campImported\MountedFootman.mdl

So simply replace the map with camp in your object settings.

Also, you can categorise models inside the import manager, you can replace the war3campImported\FootmanCavalry11.mdl with Humans\FootmanCavalry11.mdl
war3campImported\Arcane Nova.mdl
with Effects\Arcane Nova.mdl and so on, making it a bit easier to find the models you have.

Level 11
A thousand thanks to you! I didn't knew that:D

I don't want to sound lazy, but is there a way to do that en masse rather than selecting each imported model individually? As you can see I have a lot of models (imported en masse from a previous map). I intend to delete half of them, especially the WoW ones as they are really large, but deleting them individually takes lots of time-is there a way to delete groups of imports?

If it can't be done, I will just do it one by one anyway:) Thanks again! You'll get credited when I finish this campaign (which should be in a week or so as most of the object data is ready).

Status
Not open for further replies.