• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Some questions about the campaign's import manager...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

I have some questions... I don't know if the answers to them are already posted in the forums, but I'm going to ask anyway.

1 - The files imported on the campaign's import manager... Can be used in all the maps of the campaign? I mean, used without importing them in the map, only in the campaign.

2 - If they can be used that way... How can I do it? For example:
I am doing a Single Player campaign with a lot of maps, and I use a lot of imported music. The first map is already using 8 tracks of imported music, near 25 MB, it's a BIG SIZE. It's crazy to import that in the map, I can't play it from the campaign menu, only from the editor, with the "test map" button.
But, if I import it in the campaign's import manager (in order to not making such a heavy map), how can I use it in the map via triggers?

3 - Is there a size limit for the campaign's import manager?

Sorry if my english is bad. I hope that you can give me an answer. Thanks for reading.

Regards

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
But, if I import it in the campaign's import manager (in order to not making such a heavy map), how can I use it in the map via triggers?
The same way you use sounds if you import them into the map... Or infact the same way you use sounds at all using triggers.

You reference the sound data via a path. I believe the campaign imported stuff has a certain path in all maps.

3 - Is there a size limit for the campaign's import manager?
Yes there is. You can not exceed the maximum storage capacity of a old .mpq file. I think this is only 1 or 2 GB.

Level 9
Thanks for your answer!

So I have to refer to the sound using the path that the import manager shows... OK.
I will try it when I have some time and post the results.

And for the other question... Well, I DON'T THINK that my campaign will have a 2 GB size, not even a 1 GB size. It's going to be big, but... No, that's not a problem XD.

P.D.: One question... If I use that way of adding the music to the maps (via the campaign's import manager path), I won't be able to test the map. I will need to import the music to the map in order to test it, ¿right?
I mean, before adding the map to the campaign.

Regards

Level 9
Hi.

I tried to do the things you told me to do, but I found a big problem. How can I refer the sound's path in the campaign's import manager. Can it be done with triggers? I have to edit the sound variable in the Sound Editor?
I have no idea!

I have already tested the 4 maps I am including in the campaign (with all the sounds and the music in the map's import manager), and they seem to be working well. Then I deleted the imported music form the import manager of each map, and imported it to the campaign's import manager. What do I have to do next?
The sound variables are still in the maps, but with an incorrect path. How can I cange that path?

I hope you can help me, thanks for reading.

Regards

Level 37
When you have imported the sound into your campaign, go to sound editor, right click the sound and select Use as sound or Use as music which ever you need.

Then the sound's variable name will be gg_snd_soundName. The path is war3campImported\soundName.type.

Level 9
Thanks!
I opened the maps from the campaign editor, with the "Edit map" button, and then the sounds appeared in the Sound editor. I did what Maker told me, and it worked correctly.
Now the problem is solved. Thank you very much!

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.