• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign: Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've recently started work on the 2nd map of my RPG campaign. If I open WC3 and run the campaign as a custom campaign, I can play the 1st map without any problem. However, clicking on the button for the 2nd map results in my screen turning black and nothing happening.:ogre_rage:
I have tried remaking the campaign and re-importing the map files.
If i run the map by itself it works perfectly.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Attachments

• SoS.rar
    28.1 MB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Probably your 2nd map is too big... I mean, the file size.
Are you using the campaign import or the map import manager?
Maps with too much imported things in it have really big file sizes and the campaing won't run it... You must use almost only the campaign import manager, to preserve file size in your maps.
But if you map isn't that big... Well... Don't know why it's happening then.

Level 3
Actually I have no idea where the custom map script came from...I certainly didnt put it there. I used the UTM as a base map, that is why the map imports are so big.

My previous map also had UTm as a base and didn't give any problems.

Never be able to fix this? D: -.-

Do this:
-Import all the UTM custom stuff (imported data and custom doodoad data) to your campaign file.
-Save the campaign
-Open the maps using the 'Edit' button in the campaign editor
-Open the Import Manager of the map
-Delete all of the UTM stuff there
-Go to the Campaign Editor module and save it again.
Try to do this with your own customized stuff too. If there's something else than the UTM doodoads.

I faced the same problem with my campaign... So I sent all my imported data to the campaing module and scratched the data in the map import manager.
The map worked perfectly then...

Don't forget to create a backup file of your campaign in case that this ruin everything.

Level 3
Do this:
-Import all the UTM custom stuff (imported data and custom doodoad data) to your campaign file.
-Save the campaign
-Open the maps using the 'Edit' button in the campaign editor
-Open the Import Manager of the map
-Delete all of the UTM stuff there
-Go to the Campaign Editor module and save it again.
Try to do this with your own customized stuff too. If there's something else than the UTM doodoads.

I faced the same problem with my campaign... So I sent all my imported data to the campaing module and scratched the data in the map import manager.
The map worked perfectly then...

Don't forget to create a backup file of your campaign in case that this ruin everything.

Fixed the problem, thanks +rep :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.