• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with the campaign editor {campaigns going into a black screen when ran}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I'm making a campaign. I've got my maps and everything set up. Got my buttons for the maps got everything i need, trigger to switch to maps and all that stuff. The only problem is this: when i try and play the campaign through Frozen Throne by clicking the first button, nothing happens. Rephrase, the screen goes black as if it's about to load the map but then come right back to the level menu with only the first level button available for clicking. If anyone has any idea whats up please tell me how to fix it.

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

WTF.jpg

Level 2
to Coconut-NL: yes i did but that's not the problem i don't think

to fimbus: I cant. The file size is more than 50 MB. I will however take pictures of all the major triggers in the first level and put them up.

Picture 3.png

Picture 4.png

Picture 5.png

Picture 6.png

Picture 7.png

Level 7
Hm... It doesn't seem to be the triggers that's causing the problem.
Are you sure you've set the map name correct in the Campaign Screen Button tap?
That's the only thing I could think of making such an error :p

EDIT: I slightly remember having the same problem. Can't really remember how I got it fixed, but I got it working... So pretty much useless note I made here :p

Level 2
Well, setting the name of the chapter button correctly to the name of the map did nothing except fix continuity. Map is till not loading.

Level 7
Hmm, have you tried removing the map from you campaign editor and add it again?
(Might want to make a backup since I can't remember if the map will be reset :p)

Level 2
That doesn't work. I was serching to see if this problem had been solved befor and i found something that said stuff should be imported into the campaign editor to fx it. I'll give that a try but please keep suggesting stuff anyway. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Level 2
I've got to go back to my home in Nashville but after i'm done importing everything to the campaign editor, but give me a few hours and i'll repot back. and yes, i'm taking my computer with me.

Level 2
I was serching to see if this problem had been solved befor and i found something that said stuff should be imported into the campaign editor to fx it.

End result: nothing. I'm still having the same problem. any more suggestions?

Level 2
thanks Fimbus. +rep to you for your help. Anyone else out there with a possible answer is still welcome to suggest.

Level 2
Well. It's finally solved. El_Suave told me that every import except for custom loading screens in the old map must be imported into the campaign editor and removed from the old map. The new files will become selectable in the campaign editor with the map loaded into it. And it should run. Thanks to El_Suave. +rep to you. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.