• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Campaign Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So the other day I was going to test to see if the Game Caches work properly when I encountered a problem with the custom campaign. I added the maps, I made buttons for each map. I open wc3 and select my custom campaign. I click the first map. The screen fades out, but then fades back to the campaign screen. I then replaced the maps with identical copies except it has no music, so the file size is smaller. The first map loaded sucessfully but when it finished it did not load to the next map. It just went back to the campaign screen. So my two questions are:

1. What am I doing wrong?
2. Is there a file size limit for campaigns?

Last edited:
Level 18
I have no idea about your campaign problem, but I do remember such similar issues have been posted before on THW. Just search around and you'll find them.
About the campaign limit: I can guarantee you that you have unlimited file size for campaigns. Battle.net and LAN games are restricted to about 4MB, but campaigns are Single Player, so that doesn't affect them.

As for the uploading file size on THW: There's a maximum of 5MB for maps and 10 or 15MB for campaigns. For any campaign with a lot of imports, you'll easily exceed this limit, but don't worry. There are a lot of ways to do it. Extremer file sizes call for extremer measures.
10-15MB campaigns should just be uploaded as attachment of map.
Above that limit, you can use external file uploading sites like MediaFire, FileFactory or RapidShare. These have a very large upload limit and all you have to do is paste the link to the file it gives you, where you want to have the link placed! These do however have upload limits, because they're not infinite either.
The last drastic measure (in case external file uploading sites don't do the job due to speed and/or file size) is to make a torrent of it and upload the torrent file (only a few kB). This does mean that people can only download while there are seeders (people who constantly upload pieces of the map for downloaders to download). At first, you'll be the only seeder, but once people finished downloading, they automatically seed along while their torrent program is running and the file isn't stopped by them.
Torrents aren't known by everyone and you need to download a certain torrent program (like uTorrent or BitTorrent) do download .torrent files and thus download the file, so I suggest you avoid using this technique.

Level 4
Okay I think I've figured out half the problem. The reason the maps wouldn't initiate is because the imported files must be in the campaign, not the individual maps. Now my only problem is that the maps will not transition from one map to another.

This is the trigger I have:

• Trial of Strength
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game with a victory
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Set the next level to The Trial of Strength.w3x
and yes I do have a trigger that makes Player 1 (Red) achieve victory at the end of the map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.