• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quenching Mod v1.5 - Custom Campaigns on Patch 1.32+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey I tried to read my own custom campaign while the client crashed when copying files 'TRIGSTRXXX' blablabla...
The campaign isn't protected, I can still edit the maps in classic editor.
Is there any way to fix this?

Level 4
WC3 Reforged getting richer and more modern. Thanks to the modders team QM!!!
I checked the Mod and realized that there is still no Zoom variation with zooms even closer to infinite values using just the botton mouse scroll whell.
This could be an option to be released by the Mod settings.
In addition to the graphics support, I believe that increasing the Zoom variation along with the camera angle to higher limits than the default, using just the mouse, would be a very useful option for younger players and for some more differentiated map types. Wc3 Reforged doesn't have to be a game of archaic limitations, a feature-rich Mod like this could also venture those options.

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 16
WC3 Reforged getting richer and more modern. Thanks to the modders team QM!!!
I checked the Mod and realized that there is still no Zoom variation with zooms even closer to infinite values using just the botton mouse scroll whell.
This could be an option to be released by the Mod settings.
In addition to the graphics support, I believe that increasing the Zoom variation along with the camera angle to higher limits than the default, using just the mouse, would be a very useful option for younger players and for some more differentiated map types. Wc3 Reforged doesn't have to be a game of archaic limitations, a feature-rich Mod like this could also venture those options.
you may try ui - adoption - camera to check if it's functional with wheel

Level 4
you may try ui - adoption - camera to check if it's functional with wheel
After the UI advances with the new patchs Reforged (1.32 or higher), a "Camera Control" system with bars was actually created, developed by Tasyen, in fact, this is the best Cam-system I've ever seen, and I believe it's the most practical and dynamic ever created by anyone here at Hive. But...it doesn't modify in terms of mouse!

I was referring to more advanced manipulation not by the user screen, but I was referring to greater levels of practicality, as exists in every modern game, only in the use of the "Mouse" for full control and deeper Camera variations.
As I saw in the QM options a session reserved for Cameras and thinking about being a more successful Mod in mechanisms changes visuals, maybe that availability will be possible someday, but in fact, this implementation will demand too much. These changes to more external aspects (only in the handling of the mouse), should not be such an easy task.
:peasant-cheers-back:

Last edited:

Zorrot

Level 16
After the UI advances with the new patchs Reforged (1.32 or higher), a "Camera Control" system with bars was actually created, developed by Tasyen, in fact, this is the best Cam-system I've ever seen, and I believe it's the most practical and dynamic ever created by anyone here at Hive. But...it doesn't modify in terms of mouse!

I was referring to more advanced manipulation not by the user screen, but I was referring to greater levels of practicality, as exists in every modern game, only in the use of the "Mouse" for full control and deeper Camera variations.
As I saw in the QM options a session reserved for Cameras and thinking about being a more successful Mod in mechanisms changes visuals, maybe that availability will be possible someday, but in fact, this implementation will demand too much. These changes to more external aspects (only in the handling of the mouse), should not be such an easy task.
:peasant-cheers-back:
If we don't consider anything about disconnection, this camera system won't be very hard, but unluckily we can't

Level 9
don't use w3m
Does that mean that any maps with the w3m format will crash the launcher when trying to load the campaign into Quenching? I have all the original campaigns that I redid, with different heroes, models, etc, but its basically the same as the vanilla campaigns tech wise. But the RoC Human, Orc, and Undead campaigns crash, but not any of the others. Is that cause there are w3m maps in there instead of w3x?

Zorrot

Level 16
Does that mean that any maps with the w3m format will crash the launcher when trying to load the campaign into Quenching? I have all the original campaigns that I redid, with different heroes, models, etc, but its basically the same as the vanilla campaigns tech wise. But the RoC Human, Orc, and Undead campaigns crash, but not any of the others. Is that cause there are w3m maps in there instead of w3x?
w3x and w3m just make no difference, relax, just choose your format when saving the map, other factor won't affect any of this

Level 2
I finally bought Reforged because of this update. I appreciate the effort put into this. As far as custom campaign visuals go, there is a lot of work to be done by campaign makers to make the maps fit the Reforged style. You can certainly see that with The Last Guardian. I also noticed some bugs, i.e. some custom sounds not playing in Lord of the Clans.
I did the same thing, thanks to this mod now I can play Curse of the forsaken, and Chasing Dawn <3

Level 2
Seeing you guys work hard on this make me want to try it out and test some stuff. Too bad I can't afford Reforged right now. Maybe in a couple of months tho. Hopeful I will get a chance to play a finished project by then. In the mean time i'm probably stuck playing 1.31, with a tons of bugs that will never be fixed lol

Level 9
I dont know if it's quenching, but some of the custom campaigns I load don't have enemy ai. I start a base building mission, and the enemy doesn't do anything. The ai breaks. It didn't do it in the first 2 campaigns I played on quenching, but it did on the last one, including the one I'm playing now.

Level 6
Is there a known issues list or something for Custom Campaigns with Quenching? I'm having trouble getting the game to load levels back to back sequentially with my campaign and all campaign menu buttons are becoming visible despite them all being hidden by default. Anyone else encountering similar issues?

Level 3
Sorry for the noob dumb question but would i actually have to pay for reforged or could i just update it to the latest version?
my potato laptop wouldn't be able to handle the HD stuff but i see a lot of campaigns still being made with classic graphics, i own the original CD and have my CD keys so patching it up wont be an issue

Level 23
Sorry for the noob dumb question but would i actually have to pay for reforged or could i just update it to the latest version?
my potato laptop wouldn't be able to handle the HD stuff but i see a lot of campaigns still being made with classic graphics, i own the original CD and have my CD keys so patching it up wont be an issue
The classic game is updated to the latest version without having to pay anything, the only difference with those who paid for Reforged is that they have HD graphics and you'll see it in SD. You can update your classic game to the latest patch 1.32+ And once the game is updated you could put the Quenching Mod on it without any problem. In the end, the updated game is Reforged, the only difference is that it does not let you activate HD graphics.

Level 3
The classic game is updated to the latest version without having to pay anything, the only difference with those who paid for Reforged is that they have HD graphics and you'll see it in SD. You can update your classic game to the latest patch 1.32+
Awesome just thought I'd check, so I could back up my older patch versions update to 1.32+ download and use queching mod all with no problem?

Level 23
Awesome just thought I'd check, so I could back up my older patch versions update to 1.32+ download and use queching mod all with no problem?
You could have a problem with maps that use exclusive graphics that only exist in HD, that you will not see in the game, otherwise, if I am not mistaken, you should not have any problem. But you shouldn't have any problem with the mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.