• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Puzzle Mini-Map Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
What is it about ?

The contestants are to create a map of any size and split them into 3x3 squares or regions, where each region will contains a puzzle.The players should start from the first region, and proceed to next region with each successfull puzzle solved.

Puzzles from one to nine should respectively have their difficulty increased.You shoud be creative and try mix available factors
( such as sound,terrain,units,weather, time, etc ... ) in order to create interesting and though puzzles.Puzzles shouldn't have any hints, what i mean by this that there would be no additional help, on how the puzzle functions, to the player other than the puzzle factors / enviroment.

The map MUST NOT contain riddles.

What about the player count ?

There is no limit here.I'm guessing if it would be one player map it would seem lonely, but then again it all depends on how you want your puzzles to be solved.

On a side note, i may think of something in the meantime or get feedback.

Level 26
Interesting, but coming up with 9 different puzzles? Or should it be the "same" puzzle wich gets harder and harder?
I'm not sure setting an absolute limit / minimum to 9 is a good idea.

Fun idea though! Defenitely participating if it goes live. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.