• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini Mapping Contest #14 - Theme Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26

mini-.png
mapping.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
4.png

Theme Discussion

Time to start a new mapping contest!
Start suggesting themes by posting below.
If everything you can think of has already been suggested, wait for the poll to go live.

ThemeDescription
PuzzleThe map should have one or many fun puzzles as its core.
LabyrinthTry to find your way out while also having a fear of being killed by the inhabitants of the Labyrinth.
Treasure HuntingTry to find as many treasures as possible before the time limit passes.
ExpeditionThe player has to reach a special goal (e. g. reach a place, find a treasure) before his enemies while also constructing a base/gather materials etc.
EscapeEscape a prison or similiar.
HackingEach player starts off with a pc ( building ) and should conquer other players using some hacking techniques, visually displaying them.
WorkshopGet customers requests and complete them to win.
Genre TwistChoose one of the following classic mini-game genres (Arena, Tower Defense, Castle Defense or Race) and develop a map with a strong twist. Example, an Arena map were you control the creeps and try to defeat the heroes sending waves of minions.
Dungeon MasterCreate a multiplayer map where one of the players controls the flow of the game and dynamically molds the adventure or quest.
StealthSneaking, pickpocketing, assassinations and/or everything related!

Last edited:
Level 30
How about 1.Cataclysm. A map where you make a terrain that is almost complete destroyed.

2.Vulcanic. A map that is dominated by Vulcanos and a beautiful landscape.

3.Toxic. A map that has a toxic atmosphere and look to it. (Not polluted)

4.Desert Collossus. A map dominated by sand, ancient things and small patches of Oases. (Think of Egypt)

Level 30
Those are suggestions for terrain rather than for gameplay though.

Sorry. I thought that Mini-Mapping has something to do with Terrain.

Okay forget what i said before.

How about a Labyrinth. Try to find your way out while also having a fear of being killed by the inhabitants of the Labyrinth.

Treasure Hunting. Try to find as many treasures as possible before the time limit passes.

Level 30
@Mister_Haudrauf Never heard of. Please elaborate!

It's a game where you a have to try to escape out of different prisons each which different difficulties.
  • You can craft different items to help with your escape along with the life in the Prison.
  • You have to avoid if possible to get the Guards on your bad side.
  • You can train your character in Strengh, Speed and intelligence.
  • You have fellow inmates that you can either make friends with or get on your bad side.
  • You can have different jobs that will get you money to buy items from your fellow inmates.
There are many things in the game. I have only mentioned the things that i remember.
I think it is better if you read for yourself.

The Escapists

Level 18
Hello,

I would like that we consider these 3 themes:
  • Workshop: get customers requests and complete them to win. (Could be single player or multiplayer).
  • Genre Twist: choose one of the following classic mini-game genres (Arena, Tower Defense, Castle Defense or Race) and develop a map with a strong twist. Example, an Arena map were you control the creeps and try to defeat the heroes sending waves of minions. (Could be single player or multiplayer).
  • Dungeon Master: create a multiplayer map where one of the players controls the flow of the game and dynamically molds the adventure or quest. We could combine this theme with a classic mini-game genre, for example, create a Tower Defense map where the Dungeon Master can spends points to create waves and send them to the mace the other players are building, and as the game progress the DM gets more points to make for a challenging experience. (Mandatory multiplayer "at least 2 humans slots").
Do you like these suggestions, any changes to them?

Also here are some of the past contest for reference.

Last edited:
Level 11
There are some themes that I'm really interested in, can't wait to see how will it turns out. Though no theme suggestion from me.

The only thing I'm aware of is the "Treasure Hunt" theme, which we had it in #11, we may not want to have a repeated theme within a short period.

Status
Not open for further replies.