• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contest #14 - Theme Poll

What should the theme for MMC#14 be?

• Puzzle

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Labyrinth

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Treasure Hunting

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Expedition

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Escape

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Hacking

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Workshop

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Genre Twist

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Dungeon Master

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Stealth

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
NOTE: since stealth and Escape ended up having equal amount of votes, we made a tiebreak vote here.
mini-.png
mapping.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
4.png

Theme Poll

Another mapping contest is upon us!
You can vote for up to three options.

The poll will be open for 10 days!

ThemeDescription
PuzzleThe map should have one or many fun puzzles as its core.
LabyrinthTry to find your way out while also having a fear of being killed by the inhabitants of the Labyrinth.
Treasure HuntingTry to find as many treasures as possible before the time limit passes.
ExpeditionThe player has to reach a special goal (e. g. reach a place, find a treasure) before his enemies while also constructing a base/gather materials etc.
EscapeEscape a prison or similiar.
HackingEach player starts off with a pc ( building ) and should conquer other players using some hacking techniques, visually displaying them.
WorkshopGet customers requests and complete them to win.
Genre TwistChoose one of the following classic mini-game genres (Arena, Tower Defense, Castle Defense or Race) and develop a map with a strong twist. Example, an Arena map were you control the creeps and try to defeat the heroes sending waves of minions.
Dungeon MasterCreate a multiplayer map where one of the players controls the flow of the game and dynamically molds the adventure or quest.
StealthSneaking, pickpocketing, assassinations and/or everything related!

Theme Discussion

Last edited:
Level 18
I voted for both escape and stealth. So if a tiebreaker is needed, I'll revoke my vote for escape (which was the theme for contest #8). Stealth is a theme we haven't had before.
:(, I was rooting for Genre Twist or Escape (with a twist integrated). Yet a tie breaker is needed, hopefully more people will vote before you need to revoke your vote. (Few hours left though)

Status
Not open for further replies.