• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contest #13 - Theme Poll

Which theme should this contest have? (multiple choices!)

• Ghastly Realm

• Sport

• Generated World

• Workshop

• Expedition

• Twist

• From Zero to..

• Up to 11

• Magical Forest

• Rush

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

mini-.png
mapping.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
3.png

Theme Discussion: Mini-Mapping Contest #13

Not much to say, vote away.
Poll ends the 31th of October

ThemeDescription

Ghastly Realm
The map has to deal with ghosts/spirits/souls and the like. The entire map can take place in the realm of the dead.
SportCreate a map related to sport in some way. Example: Football Tournament
Generated WorldThe world itself should be generated through triggers, this included terrain, enemies etc.
WorkshopGet a customer request and complete it to win.

Expedition
The player has to reach a special goal (e. g. reach a place, find a treasure) before his enemies while also constructing a base/gather materials etc.
TwistCreate a map with a gameplay twist. Example; A maze map where you control the maze rather than the ones in the maze.
From zero to..The map should be about starting of something from zero and develop it into something much better. Example: start with a campfire, end up with a town.
Up to 11
Take a basic race mechanic and make a map centered around it, you are allowed to enhance/achieve the same effect using triggers.
Eg. A map based around Call to Arms/Sacrifice/Uproot/Mount Hippogryph/Orc Bunker etc.
Magical ForstThe map should be centered around a forest with various magical beings inhabiting it.
RushThe player has to achieve a certain goal before the time limit, it may be many small goals and not necessarily one large goal.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I'd love to see how the votes are forming up so I could mentally prepare, but it reads that you have to cast your votes first. I'd really prefer to vote 30th or 31st because my opinion might change. If mods can change user votes I could cry for @Rufus if necessary, now I'm unsure how it works.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Oh I'm stupid...

Well I voted for ones I'm interested in: Generated World, Workshop, From Zero To.., Magical Forest, Rush. Sports and Ghastly seemed meh but Ghastly seems to lead lol.

Level 26
Just to be clear:
You won't be given a request from someone here on the hive, but you have to actually come up with a request(s) and a way to solve it yourself, all within a map.

Tech and industry could absolutely be a part of it, but it could also be a medival workshop, for example a blacksmith searching for materials and putting them together into a requested swod.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I realized that I don't want magical forest cuz terrainers would wipe the floor with the rest of the entries D: Ghastly is intimidating in this regard as well...

Go go workshop!

Level 19
Just to be clear:
You won't be given a request from someone here on the hive, but you have to actually come up with a request(s) and a way to solve it yourself, all within a map.

Tech and industry could absolutely be a part of it, but it could also be a medival workshop, for example a blacksmith searching for materials and putting them together into a requested swod.

OHHHH. Thanks for clarifying.

Level 13
An interesting range of choices. I also think if the one you're hoping for doesn't win the vote, you can probably blend it into the winning decision, e.g. a workshop in a magical forest :p. Rooting for ghastly realm as it's waaaaaaaaaay more flexible than Workshop, and something i might have a go at. Expedition, Twist and Magical Forest would also be good ones.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Magical Forest
19 vote(s)

Ok now I know how Americans feel like. I'm voting for Ghastly (pros: not Magical Forest; cons: Ghastly).

Status
Not open for further replies.