• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Put two models in a single .mdx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm modifying my Warcraft 3 models trying to make the game look better while preserving the graphic style.
Johnwar is making some beautiful models but the Troll Headhunter and the Troll Berserker should be in one .mdx file and I don't know how to do it, can someone do it please?

They are the Troll Headhunter Alternate with the Troll Berserker Armored 2.

Attachments

• HeadhunterAlternateV2.mdx
    161.7 KB · Views: 3
  • BerserkerArmoredBV2.mdx
    172.9 KB · Views: 4
With only a few button clicks of the "Import" option in the Retera's Model Studio program we can produce a merged model like what is attached.

However, this automated combination has both Camera objects from both models, which does not work ingame. Instead, one camera must animate to the location of the other, and the Camera translation animation editor GUI is not working on Retera's Model Studio. Maybe you can fix that part with Mdlvis?

(Edit: So, without the above mentioned fix, although I did not test this model ingame I assume that ingame it will have a "messed up" portrait when he morphs into Berserker)

Attachments

• Merged.mdx
    342.2 KB · Views: 7
Level 3
Con solo unos pocos clics en el botón de la opción "Importar" en el programa Model Studio de Retera, podemos producir un modelo fusionado como el que se adjunta.

Sin embargo, esta combinación automática tiene ambos objetos Cámara de ambos modelos, lo que no funciona dentro del juego. En su lugar, una cámara debe animarse en la ubicación de la otra, y la GUI del editor de animación de traducción de cámara no funciona en Model Studio de Retera. ¿Tal vez puedas arreglar esa parte con Mdlvis?

(Editar: Entonces, sin la solución mencionada anteriormente, aunque no probé este modelo dentro del juego, supongo que dentro del juego tendrá un retrato "desordenado" cuando se transforme en Berserker)
Thank you very much, I will put this in game and see what happens. THANK YOU REALLY, it looks nice and I don't have any problem with the Portrait, I will download that Model Editor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.