• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project The ANTz (Name not Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well... Its about time I get locked on to one project. So I decided to an ant map. However, while brain storming I try thing of some other things on that size scale that would be fun to play as.

Thinking of what races would be fun I came up with four thus far; Ants, Termites, Spiders ( Do not worry it wont be horribly ballanced like the war craft 3 map Sim ant or whatever its name is), and army men (more or less for the hell of it). Spiders, termites and ants will use zerg models for their creatures. However when I started thing thinking up ideas for the Army men and how they should use terrain I had an over stock of unit models left... Which would mean they got the short end of the stick...

So I divide terrain race into three categories which are normal ( gots tanks an air unit and all basic ground units), Pro Air (Gots lots of air units and mobillty but its cons are that it does not got much ground support), Pro ground (Gots tanks mechs and heavy shit, but it lacks in air completly, and it loses and infantry unit).

Some things I plan to have are: A system for ants and termites gather food, A food system ( If you did not see that coming stop skiming threads), balance units (The reason why I stated that is because some games forget about that part...), Several modes for different game play (Such as ants only, random race, survival, etc.), and a system for under ground and above transit stuff.

What I done so far:
Terrain{IIIIIIIIII}
Units{IIIIIIIII}
Triggers{IIIIIIIIII}
Tooltips{-5}

Screen shots 1-2 are of tech tree for army while 3-5 are of terrain. Please comment and or give suggestions.

Attachments

• Screenshot000.Jpg
    Screenshot000.Jpg
    846.4 KB · Views: 485
  • Screenshot002.Jpg
    Screenshot002.Jpg
    836 KB · Views: 636
  • Screenshot009.Jpg
    Screenshot009.Jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot001.Jpg
    Screenshot001.Jpg
    378 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot008.Jpg
    Screenshot008.Jpg
    678 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:
Level 3
Simple! Well.. Maybe not that simple... Whenever I imagine plastic army men the next thing that comes to my mind is ants and vice versa. I would have the ants mostly be zerglings, while termites be banelings (and ghosts and such being rifle men and ect).

And here are some more visual tech tree demonstrations.

Attachments

• Screenshot003.Jpg
    Screenshot003.Jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot004.Jpg
    Screenshot004.Jpg
    739.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot005.Jpg
    Screenshot005.Jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 376
  • Screenshot006.Jpg
    Screenshot006.Jpg