• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project RPG Invulion, The Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Okay, i just made a name of the project, its very random and can be changed.

Ive been thinking alot of this and made a notepad .doc, and i want you to give me your opinion, its not done, it needs more, but its something.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rpg-invulion-need-members-146761/#post1342190

141857-albums1721-picture18926.png

You start in a snowy wood with no civilization, and you get to a camp with three guards camping, you do quests and have a good time there, until you can move on to the big world, the big world is a big field with a giant castle and cities.

There will be a function for pressing the "esc" the function will allow you to change alot of things, this will not be used dialogs, but dummy units and images. Such as changing the camera, look at your quests, and a map feature.

Almost everything will be custom in the map, the UI, the systems, the terrain, the doodads and destructibles and ofcourse, units.

vJass is a big must, but i know its hard to make a vJass campaign, and 1.24b playable.

No leaks or lags is maybe a challenge, but when we get into it, it will just glide in.

The map will have alot of areas, like a big city with wandering npcs, big houses and shops, Signs is a must.

The concept is maybe Oblivion and Fable, and the graphic will be good.

We need no green icons, a pro team of vJassers, Jassers, Terrainers, 2D Icons Creator, 3D Model creator, good GUI'ers if needed, and some sound makers.

Last edited:
Level 11
"three guards camping" could have a knight as their leader.
You could also make some periodic bandit attacks to the camp, so when one of the soldier dies, you lose.
Damage Detection System would be nice. Item Stacking System too. Also Vote-Kick System.

Level 20
Damage Detection system takes no time, just pick all the unit and entering unit in a trigger and make it as an event for another trigger.
I like the knight idea, but im not talking about being on a horse 24/7, he must walk, and sleep and so, Like the bandit attacks, but they musnt be so obvius, maybe a sound like "HELP!" and Goblins.

Level 6
Maybe instead when the knight or the footmen dies, you can talk to the bandits which have made the village their new outpost and you can do quests for them. Basically you can't lose the game, everything that "fails" leads to something else.

Probably impossible to do and very unrealistic but will surely raise the level of this map.

Level 20
you can ride on a horse, random troll/goblin camp attacks, some quests, hidden treasures, only bonus stuff for making the game easier, example, you use the standard items and doing a quest, but you can go to a camp and possibly find a good treasure, thats much better than your gear, so it gets easier

Level 18
Some things for an RPG:

Please don't use camera behind the unit (it's ugly D:).
Do not overdo Kill x of a Unit Quests.
Please do not make it too overpowered late game, challenges are way more fun as easy battle. I'd rather have less battles take more skill as many mindless hordes of zombies (it's an example) fighting me and getting slaughtered.
Make loading easy.
Make gameplay fluid and not too complex (but keep things customized at the same time).
Keep spells refreshing so that you do not have to finish the whole map with a single set of spells.
Remember: More isn't always better. I'd rather have a few heroes that are fun to play as just a huge set of heroes that feel like normal randomly put together ones.

Sorry it's just that I hardly play any RPGs because I hate using my time for them :p
Most of the RPGs just leave you with the feeling that you've played many hours just to get an imba unit.

Good luck with the map! ;)

Level 11
"icy wood" at start could be blighted forest, mountains, snowy woods, or maybe ashenvale. As bandits won't camp there. Jus a suggestion tho. but...icy woods sounds weird. Change it to snowy woods maybe.

and what other features you'll have in the map?

Level 18
I'm fine with a camera locked on the unit (from above), but I dislike the cam behind the unit :p

If you do this just make sure you don't have summons to mess up with.

Level 20
Hmm, the spells will be only one time click able, meaning you cannot choose target, but we will make a targeting system, very simple. and Movement system is already made, but i think we will need a vJass one for making go backwards, chat system means you use your arrows too choose option, like in oblivion, so if the Unit says, What can do for you, you will see like this:

What can i do for you?

Browse Shop
Nothing, thank you.

and moving will make it highlight

I call for the story of a Wanderer, A druid, or a hunter. Someone with no real goal, abit like Rexxar, that gets into a chain quest, without asking for it.

Example = there's a Caravan that gets attacked in the snow forest, and because you help them the guy, says go to that guy, he will give you a reward. blablabla.. you get in the village, the village gets, attacked, you become a hero, blablalbalbla... a paladin takes you under his wing, and trains you, you became than the leader of a small group, you have to kill the bandits leader (back in the forest)... blablabla... and it goes on like this :D

Level 11
Don't say that man. With all the features we asked him to make, this map will be more impossible and impossible meantime.

I like mr.g idea yes, it's pretty nice. But there should be an option where we can say NO. and the quest branches to other places. you see, thiz is only a suggestion.

Some ideas:
- Robbery, where you can rob civilians' houses, but be careful for guards that might catch you.
- Wanted, you did to many robberies and pickpockets(below), you became wanted. Once you got captured, game over.
- Pickpocket, pickpocket wandering civs. Beware of guards.
- Vandalism, where you can break signs, lamp posts, doors etc but you'll be fined if you get caught.
- Disguise, where others will think of someone else when seeing you, so you'll be free.

After a lot of features like that, this map will gonna be like GTA. as mentioned above, above, JUST A SUGGESTION.
Pretty impossible to make in war3 tho.

BTW how's the map goin'?(progress)

im think maybe can we make a battleground ONLINE whit save-load system of the of the maps that will be great

Idea for battleGround:
.1: to teams of 4 players
.2: a arena vendor were you need arena points
.3: team mode, single mode and creep mode
.4: tradesystem if players want trade stuff

idea's for creep mode a hero defense
Or a Hero line wars

i hope you like the idea =D

Status
Not open for further replies.