• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Cold Spine Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I would like to share my idea with ya guys about the map I am going to make. Before this please excuse my English thus that isn`t my first language. It is called "The Cold Spine Project". I will explain some things that are related in the title. For start this is just a Beta Title ( if you can call it that way ) so I might change it but for now I shall say the meanings behind it.The word "Cold" is a reference from the Cold War, because the whole map will gravitate around the idea of having a war between the races but nobody wants to start it. A paranoic feeling is in the air and all races are involved. After that, the introduced word "Spine" serves more for just a confusion ( and it is in my Username :wink: ) because the following word "Project" shows that is the name of a military ( pherhaps ) project/ top secret information. As I said the plot gravitates around the War Theory ( wich I hope I will explain it well in the game ). You start out in a prison... so what better place and time to put in alot of characters from diffrent races :mwahaha:. But stay cool it won`t be a Hero Arena ( but it will have a PvP section ) instead you will have to help eachother, want it or not, to escape from the whole place. As you go further into the map you will descover some notes that`ll complete the story. The plot I am thinking off will be pretty complex so I will not spoil any more of it. At a point you will escape so it is your job to stop the war. It is my first big map project so please say what do you think of it. :spell_breaker:

Last edited:
Level 15
it's gonna be fantasy of sci-fi setting? btw, the plot reminds me of Baldur's Gate II a bit =)

Level 4
Well I think it's a nice idea, but it might not work if it takes too much skill to complete, since half of the ppl that join b.net games are leavers, n00bs or idiots, not to sound too cynical :DD

Level 3
Well I think it's a nice idea, but it might not work if it takes too much skill to complete, since half of the ppl that join b.net games are leavers, n00bs or idiots, not to sound too cynical :DD

I know lol I thought of that, so the map is intended for a group of friends ( that`s why the maximum number of human players will be let`s say 5 ).

Status
Not open for further replies.