• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
You feel skilled enough to be a member of the Gaias Retaliation ORPG team?

First of all, thanks for your interest.
Please be sure to read the following informations, before writing your application:

General:
  • We are currently only looking for experienced members. For obvious reasons, we can not accept applications of people that just started mapping some months ago.
  • All applications require a demo-file.
  • We do not accept applications that show a serious lack of maturity
  • Your application doesn't need a specific form or a huge wall of text. We are perfectly fine with just your name, your skills, your age & country and your demo resource(s) and maybe some lines about what you expect from our collaboration
  • We do not accept GUI. Even if you think you are skilled in GUI, we have no need for something lower than vJass.
  • We do not accept applications of people that are able to create models, but not able to animate or UVW-map them.
  • If you passed all these points, then please send me your application via PM. We will answer asap.

What we are looking for:
We are in a desperate need for a skilled modeller, that is able to do animations and high quality unit models for our upcoming SC2 version of Gaias Retaliation ORPG. If you are looking for a project that is definitely going to be amazing and a job that requires a full use of your skills, then make sure you PM us back.

Level 12
CHA_Owner(NAMM)'s Application

Name: CHA_Owner(NAMM)

Realm: US.East/US.West

Years of experience: 3-4

Specialty: Interface/Expert game customization

Example testmap: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=p42tq2

Reason I should be on team: I am an awesome interface design artist and i am great in GUI although i doubt its used in Gaia's ORPG, I also am getting pretty good at using vJASS since i am designing an ORPG myself but it is underground and really slow progress.

Quick note: This testmap is made in lame GUI as in it really wasnt meant to be about triggers at all more about the custom interface.

Starcraft II: I will be buying SC2 and I will be able to continue helping you on the map once I get it so I can be a long-term team member and can atleast work on the map for 2-3 hours a day.

Your friend,
~CHA

Last edited:
Level 5
ye i_brg_doom that might be me, but i was looking pretty often around in the Bnet for new people. While searching around i asked pretty often people, about what they do, how good they are in some kind of mapping areas. If they have time or if they are interested.

The problem is 99 % of them are not qualified.

Plz stop comments like this, the Threat is just for Informations about our currently project recruitment.

Level 18
You prolly dont need a terrainer since the terrain is already awsome but if you do here is my Application

Name: I_Brg_Doom aka i_bring_doom

Realm: Europe

Years of experience: 4-5

Specialty: Terraining

Example testmap: None but if you like i can show you som of my terrains

Reason I should be on team: Im a motivated terrainer and could save the terrainer on this project som time so that he doesnt have to do it all alone :p

Quick note: I know that if sayed before that i do not wana join but since i got enough time now and think this project is a succesfull one i wana join.

Level 5
ok i need to know your terraining skills you could give me some of your terraining maps ? not just screens?

Important is that you have much motivation and the willing to spend time in the project.

Level 5
ok the terrain is good but i would like to see something more if it's possible.

i will talk with zwiebelchen and we'll awnser you in 1 or 2 days ok? anyway thx for the application

Level 5
Specialty: Terraining
# of Years Experience: 3
Terrain Example: Here it is
Reason For Wanting to Join: Saw your map so far, loved the terrain, noticed that you needed some terrainers, I'm your gal : )

Quick Info: I'm only motivated to really do exterior terrains.
I'm often times mature, I'm only silly when someone else starts being silly : ) I'll do anything but A) On Fire or B) Under - Water areas. Not sure how well I would terrain those places.

Level 5
ok i checked the terrain, nice work some cameras are looking good.

The fact that shapy is inactive since time, i could surely need some one.

Anyway there are some points you have to be sure about both.

1. You have to accept critique, i do pretty often.
2. It is not important that you have 5 hours time every day. But it is important that you can assure that you are working regular on the map and that you are a helping teammember.
3. It can take time till you really helping us with your work.

Anyway i can't promise anything now i will discuss that with zwiebel.
Any othere skills will help us / i saw you have some experiences with skinning.

Last edited:
Level 18
Critique means that things need to be better and i can handle Critique :p and about having enough time to work on the map (i got to much time) and time until we can really help you? i dont fully understand this :p Btw could you plz answer my private message i sended you about ideas.

Level 5
Ye i noticed your ideas, at the time we dont need more ideas we just need to do what we are working on.
I noticed them so far and most of them are not new to me.
But not every idea can be solved easy it's a bit more complicated

"It can take time till you really helping us with your work"

Means that it normally take some time .. 1/2 weeks till a new member is understanding evry thing how we do something. But like i said i will awnser if i talked to zwiebel.

Level 5
Hmmm about your terrain it looks nice only thing i do not like is the waterfall it looks like its coming out the rock maybe make more archways or whatever they are called and make a small cave? anyway everything else looks nice.

When I was creating the map, I kind of rushed that part lol...
I guess I should stop rushing as things will only look better in time.

And teh.fellow, I accept all 3 points in the requirements : )
I'm already used to people nit picking what I do,
I'm usually only on the computer for maybe 3 hours.
And I'll help out anyone, in any way possible!
I've always wanted to work on a group project! : )
Plus, thank you for noticing my upload!

Level 5
I'm glad they put the preview map as rejected, so people can stop looking at it that aren't related to this project.
Cause i had like 3 or 4 people complain that, yes I used B2M's stuff in a map, no I have not heard of a paste bin (new-ish to the site and these terms)
I'm asuming I should of posted the map on a different part of the server?

Level 1
Which also can be translated to no more content after this upcoming patch?

Well SC2 is prolly the best since that game will take over the throne of RTS modding that wc3 currently has.

Level 10
Thanks for your applications concerning terraining.
However, we decided that - at the moment - we do not need another terrainer, as starcraft II is coming closer and closer and we probably won't create any more terrain after the upcoming release.

nooooooooo say it aint so! Some of us may not get Starcraft II for a long time (seeing as my computers like 10 years old and can not run the game and have no means to buy a new pc any time soon), and I want to see how the story ends! lol I'd at least like to see a few more things in the game after the next content release before it ends, like PVP implemented (maybe in an arena thing similar to the squires quest where you can fight other players and maybe throw in a mode where you can choose to fight off waves of monsters as well with a party or solo or be able to face NPC players. This probably wouldn't require very much terraining seeing as it would most likely be triggering and such), some new skills for the new classes, and maybe a 4th-5th dungeon(which could be really long and hard kind of like a raid in which one of these dungeons could have like a 'final boss of the map'. Though I'm sure you have your own ideas on how you would go about doing this if you decided to do it, an example of how it could be done would be like having the sewers under the capitals have a hidden underground passage and this passage leads into the mountains at the bottom right. These mountains would be infested with really hard monsters and may require some teamwork to kill things in it and within the mountain itself may have some huge raid. This would require some terraining seeing as you'd probably have to throw in at least one more zone but it would at least give players something to use the new classes for) before it ends on wc3. That would be a better place to end in my opinion on warcraft III. It would be so sad to see it end though so suddenly on wc3 the moment the world truly opens itself with the capital and the highly anticipated new classes that people have been waiting patiently for for some time now only for them to find out that there is very limited content that people can use these for.

========================================================================================
So to recap my wishlist for the end of Gaias Retaliation on WC3 would include:
• PVP implemented
- A gold fee could be required to do matches vs. monsters or something implementing some type of money drain in the game. Also increasing the price on potions and such could help that out.
• New Skills for new classes
- If new skills are implemented for new classes I feel however that they should only be obtainable off 3rd Dungeon bosses/farmland zone bosses and up or bought for a very high gold cost. That way easier bosses can not be farmed to acquire the best skills.
• At least one more dungeon that would be very long and hard similar to a raid that could include a 'final boss' of map
- This would most likely require at least one more zone and I'm sure you'd have to make a few small quests & items as a
result.

However I feel most people would agree that they would be satisfied if the game ended this way on warcraft III. There would be closure and still plenty to do.

Last edited:
Level 2
I think what he wanted to say is that they will create in SCII what they have done till now in WCIII. When they have reached this point of development they will forward both projects parallel... I hope I'm not wrong ^^

Level 10
I think what he wanted to say is that they will create in SCII what they have done till now in WCIII. When they have reached this point of development they will forward both projects parallel... I hope I'm not wrong ^^

I don't believe that is what he is saying because if he were to do that then it really wouldn't matter to keep working on the map now until SCII would be released since from what you are saying it would just be transferred over anyways. What I think they are going to do is restart the project up on SCII like you said, redueing the game the way they wish they had done it the first time with better systems and such, but stop working on it on WCIII and just continue on SCII. This is why if the WCIII version of Gaias will be coming to an end I'd like to see it end at least with more closure to it with at least one big raid to use the new classes with with a few new skills and a PVP system implemented.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Gaias Retaliation ORPG on wc3 will be dropped by the current team members after SC2 releases. We simply do not have the time to work on both projects at the same time.
And seriously, I'm getting sick of all those limitations of WC3. Everything is a pain to work with.

Not only will the SC2 version have a LOT more features than the WC3 version, it will also progress much faster, because of all those neat things SC2 editor improves over the old WC3 one.

I think on SC2, the map's source code will be reduced by like 60 or 70% (Depends on how good the Galaxy language really is). I feel like on SC2, we can concentrate on real mapping, whereas in WC3, we have to concentrate on creating workarounds for every damn little bug the horrible game engine causes.

So why are we quitting the WC3 version after the upcoming release although SC2 might not be available at that time? The answer is simple: Because we want to prepare for SC2.
Learning as much about Galaxy and the Editor features as possible in advance, Creating the required custom models in 3ds Max, etc. ... theres so much work that we can do beforehand, that it gets about time we start working on it.

We have not decided what will happen with the WC3 version of Gaias. Maybe we will send it to people that are willing to continue the project. Maybe we make it open source ... don't know about that. Maybe I will do a poll about this in the future.

For now, just wait for the new version to come out. There are SO MANY cool new features we have implemented and also LOTs of new content you have to check out.
Just today, I implemented a cool optional 3rd person camera system to the game that is not as noob-like as most other systems on the web.
I think its a worthy end of the Gaias Retaliation Saga, even if the story isn't really finished with that.

Level 10
Well I'm really sad to see it ending on WC3, but I'm still looking forward to the next update. I'm really excited to see some of these amazing features you guys have been adding and everything! I hope you reconsider your decision to end the map after next version (at least with one more update with like PVP in it and stuff) but I understand that you want to get a jump start on the SCII editor and I can only expect the greatest work on those maps once you get the game!

Level 1
i would like it if there will be a higher level cap + items,
like somebody suggested a hardcore mode.
so there is no new area, just stronger mobs + better items
pvp would suck in my opinion

Level 5
No one would be as gd as the original team i think =/ and i didn't think i was going to buy SCII, but this project will make me buy it if it moves, and i dont want that to happen =/

Level 1
Name: Ksandr

Realm: Bnet.Tomsk

Years of experience: 3-4

Specialty: Crack and hack, Hacking any map

Status
Not open for further replies.