1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Project name: Nothing Boring About Borean (not the final name of the map)

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Piwlady, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    *sigh* Piw.. How many times do i have to say this? It's Keeper.. not Keepper o_O Great work otherwise. There is also typo in Crowd Control.

And people.. Cmon.. Comments would be uber nice

2. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And even more screenies...

[​IMG]
    Sewers

[​IMG]
    Another picture from Jail

[​IMG]
    Houndmaster in Hall of Hellfire

3. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The HELL guys look better in game btw.

4. Zenerik

Zenerik

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds classic, but looks very cool, though IMO you're using the dark-castle theme a little too much. But if the heroes can light it up as they proceed, it would be very awesome!

The heroes' abilities could have a little bit more of trigger-enhancing.

5. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's nice that you like it. We are working and few trigger spells.. We're kinda new with the spell triggering and we are working with it. We could possibly think about the lighting the castle as the heros proceed sounds kinda interesting idea.
    Thank you for your comment!

6. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It is pretty dark indeed... I dont think it should be light it up cause it's one castle, full of undead. But we must think... but those are not even in game screenies, so you must wait until you see ingame pictures :) In my opinon, in game is not so dark as World Editor...

And I agree with that trigget enhancing abilities, it could be nice. But the fact is: I don't know anything about those because they are too complicated for my small mind. But second fact is... those are not even needed, if the map is fun to play without those. But I'm currently working with those and goal is to have even one trigger-enhancing spell to each hero. If I even can do that, I will thank hive with those spells

-Piwlady

7. TheHunterKiller

TheHunterKiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds awesome, and the terrain looks really nice.
    When is it finished?

8. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I guess when it's completed :D there is lot of things to look at: those spells, nerfs&buffs, boss fights, terrain... and we should complete the map :O we don't know where last boss could be

9. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Update
    Terrain is most likely completed!:mwahaha:
    Screenies from the END -->
    Little bit outdoors before Darkness

[​IMG]

Just one kind of room

[​IMG]

Portal to the Darkness

[​IMG]

In the Darkness

[​IMG]

Hall of the Shadow Creature

[​IMG]

Walkway of the Darkness

[​IMG]

Terrace of the Death God

[​IMG]

10. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Woah! Two more heroes...

Abyss Walker

[​IMG]

Demon Ranger

[​IMG]

11. Tozza

Tozza

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map looks really cool. Just waiting until its released :)

12. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    nice to hear that :)
    there is some boss fights and that kind of things to worrie about atm. but nothing what is gonna take too much time

keep on people :p comments please

13. VitA.NovA

VitA.NovA

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow, thats some smexy terrain you got there. but one thing really bothers me

your tooltips are HORRIBLE, really. horibad, but that isn't a problem. its easy to fix.

this spel has an ultimately long cooldown. isn't correct english. in almost every tooltip. there is a grammatical error.

i can fix it for you guys if you want to.

14. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks, for that terrain part.
    And then to the grammar :p
    I know there are typos.. alot of 'em :p I think that's cause we are both from Finland ( so english is not our native language :p) and we aren't yet even passed "junior high school".

And thanks for offer for fixing those, but there are two reasons why you don't need to :p First, we have grammar fixer already... Second, we wont give the map yet :D

Thanks for comment :) all info and critic is only useful

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  15. VitA.NovA

VitA.NovA

Resources:
    Resources:
    , :p i don't need the map. i can give the correct grammars right here. you can add them if ye want to. English isn't my native tongue either, but im following a bilangual course, consisting 60% of my lessons in english ;)

16. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    hehe, thanks for offer, but we already have the grammar checker :D as i said already

17. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey mates!
    Just a question: How the fighting gameplay is ? I mean in the map description you say "full of undead". Does it mean there are LOTS of units ? In this case are they each easy to kill ? Its hard to explain my point of view so for example do battles looks like Diablo II or like Warcraft 3 ? (units with 1 in the first case and 600 in the second).

I dont know if you get me?

18. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is good question indeed. So... Naah, it's not so "full" that describtion says :p it is more like WoW instance, about 3-7mob groups, maybe more. We are trying to modify the mobs and that kind of things... but i can say mobs and bosses are pretty hard so it is no easy. We are thinking how we get map balanced, because it is pretty damn hard without pure healer (White):p and there is some points, what is just so hard even with healer :D if you know what i mean.

But i think we are gonna make some places pretty huge encounters.
    Like in Rider of Black encounter, when you got his hp to half, he start running, and spawns army of skeletons to after himself.

19. Tozza

Tozza

Resources:
    Resources:
    That sounds great :) keep up the good work

20. Lordkoon

Lordkoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really nice screenies. One thing I didnt liked. I suggest removing the shiny blue carpet in the Darkness room.
    I am also new in mapmaking and am currently working on a similar map but tileset is jungle-like temple.
    p.p. what is the map size so far?

In the screen "in the darkness" what is the edited image which you use to make walls totally black?