• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project name: Nothing Boring About Borean (not the final name of the map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Name ideas!

Without knowing the end boss, it's hard to come up with names, but here's some random ideas:

-Eternity's End (If vampires are in the middle, I'm assuming the boss is also immortal, and you'd be killing him, most likely)
-Crusade of the Damned (Cause, they're all, like, undead... 'n stuff)
-Shattered Chains (Perhaps the minions are all bound to the boss)
-Keep of Lost Souls (Again, there's undead)
-Bastion of the Unholy (Pretty straightforward)

I'm just pitching these out there, but hopefully you like one of them, or are somehow inspired by one. Also, I'm kind of assuming that it'll have a serious-ish theme, but you can call it lolol dunjin map no noobs, too! :prazz:

On a side note, the descriptions of the abilities in the album you posted sound cool, but have many grammatical errors, while some are just phrased awkwardly. I'd be glad to help out, or you could just go over them again yourself. For instance, "Mace from Abyss" could be "Abyssal Mace".

Don't get me wrong; some of the phrases you used are very good ("Terrace of the Death God" is great), but others stick out as being much less so.

Keep up the good work! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 18
Very well.. As you want to know the end boss.. Then i shall give you.. The three last bosses..
ATHAR'RAZN THE PORTAL KEEPER
Atharrazn.png

DRAHTHON THE CREATURE OF THE SHADOWS
DrahthontheCreatureofshadows.png

DEG'ORUS THE DEATH GOD
Degorusthegodofdeath.png

Last edited:
Level 7
Those are some epic skins, there. Kudos to whoever made them!

Regarding the name, "Demise" is a great word, but the alliteration (the two D's together) in the title makes it seem a little less epic. Maybe "Fall" could work. I love " of the Death God", though.

Sorry for being a language-nazi, but I'm just trying to help. :xxd:

Level 13
Just some screenies from updated terrain...

173034-albums2304-picture20597.png

173034-albums2304-picture20595.png

173034-albums2304-picture20596.png

173034-albums2304-picture20598.png

173034-albums2304-picture20599.png

Updating shall continue...
Comments and critic please :)
I need to know what I could imporve

Level 13
Dark dungeons owns xD OR the reason is that my terraining skill is not high enough to make something bright. And other reason is because we wanted to make dark dungeon.

But yeah, we should give some info... not just pictures.
But we are bit too lazy to make those damn systems and stuff :p
But here is some info:

There is 18 bosses in the castle. There is currently.. err.. 5 or 6 bosses without triggers.
BECAUSE there is so damn many bosses, they are not such epic battles that you could imagine (nothing like in CloudWolf's Diablo 3 map). Boss battles are deadly but they wont last so long and there wont be many phases and blablabla awesome stuff like in some pve maps can have.

We are currently importing and modifying spells to heroes (Don't worry, you are gonna have your name in credits if we use your spell).

The difficulty level of the map is kinda high at the moment without healer. We are trying to balance that part... then we are gonna look at the trash and that kind of stuff bit more when we have time. At the moment, battles are like I have already said, 3 to 7 mobs at time. WoW instance style. I'm dreaming about some massive battles and that kind of things.... but maybe I'm gonna fulfill those dreams in our next pve map... (Yes, we have started to thinking of our next project xD)

I'm imporving the terrain as always when I'm at active mood...

We have probably forgotten the stacking item system, because in my opinon, it's not gonna work. There is some loot what we should do too... At the moment, trash only drops runes (restoration, healing, lesser healing, mana....) but I don't know should they drop anything else because there is shops ( Tomb of Relics ) and bosses drops loot of course...

And we have thinking about the some camera systems... ( just going to change point of view ) just because it's gonna make the map more cooler... ( Yes, we stole idea from CloudWolfs D3 map :p)

Ressing system is kinda poor atm... (tavern like ress from the cross). We are maybe gonna change that too...

Map's file size is 6.33mb at the moment. It's kinda big but I don't think it's a problem. We don't know are we gonna import anything anymore... so the file size can be changed someday...

So... there was some information...
I hope that did "light up" something.
Just ask if you have something to ask...
I'd like to hear what you are thinking about that stuff... so commets, critics and that kind of stuff please!

Last edited:
Level 18
Why dont you also write that in the first post ? So that people can just check the first post to see how's the map going.

EDIT:
To comment: game interface looks damn good. One point: Why did you write twice Demise of the Death Gods ? Once should suffice...
About terrain I like it.
And you said you wish their will be massive battles, I think this a good point to add (even if you said this will be for your next project) x)

Level 15
Comments on interface;

You should make it all by yourself, and not have parts from orignial UIs, also don't recolor, make it yourself.. The skull thingy in the middle left doesn't blend with the rest. Overall it doesn't really blend. And you shouldn't have 2 Demise of the Deathgod, just have one text with that.

Level 13
Why dont you also write that in the first post ?

Damn good idea :p thx

I think when Garshilan comes to see what new posts we have here, he will talk about that UI. I'm not gonna say anything about that :D

And I think i'm gonna leave those more massive battles to next pve map.
Because if I add some massive battles, there should be bigger areas where you can beat those mobs down. And i'm not going to modify the terrain to more loose :p ( just because im so lazy xD)

Level 18
I think you should guys take it easy :)

Real comments:
Is the real name is "Demise of Death God" ?

Terrain looks very well for me, I want to play this map :)

Level 13
Yes, real name is Demise of the Death God.

There are 3 bosses what need triggers. And there is some bosses what needs loot.
And we are probably stuck with camera / ress systems (ress system is just about to get forgotten :p). I think we should use easy, simple "tavern ress" system. Dunno what is going to happen camera, if we can make it work perfectly, it's gonna be awesome. Because the camera angle is going to make it's own "hue". Dunno when we can release beta version xD

And terrain is of course getting better nearly every day :p

Level 13
Update:
Only three more bosses what need triggers... Good job Garshilan.
We have forgotten damn ress system and we will be satisfied for this so damn simple tavern ress "system".
Camera thingie will come, that I promise :p Because that is part of the amibence of map.
I'm trying to figure out how I could make terrain better ( I will never be satisfied to that :p). I hope I can make that because i think everything can be always better.

Comment and give ideas please, I'm really out of 'em.

Level 14
Ress system sux. It's allways making maps too easy to finish and forget. I suggest make something like save system, for example enable saving the game only after a boss is killed or something. Ofcourse this makes it a little bad for battle net hosts becose random people don't often gather to finish a saved game. It can be like a hard mode.
The bad about these instance-like games is that once you complete it you move to the next map of that kind and rarely come back to the one before.

The terrain is good enough, after all it's about the gameplay that makes instance maps interesting.

Level 13
I guess there wont be save/load system because you can beat the instance in 1-2 hours so there is no problem to finnish it in one run. I guess the map is not loose enough and not so free that there would be any need for saving system.

The ress system doesn't actually be pain in ass in the gameplay. My friends who has played this map (so called beta testers) said it was such a good looking and fun map. The beta testers said the map was just perfect left, it doesn't take whole evening.
And there was only few bosses with triggers when they tested it...

There is tweleve heroes so I guess there will be content to play even when you have beaten the game once. I think we wont stop adjusment of the map even when we start new map... And I wont leave adjusment of terrain. I doesn't do that because I should but because it's such relaxing job.

But anyway, any other ideas, anyone? Every comment, critic and idea is most welcome.

EDIT: by the way, that was such a nice idea, but it doesn't just fit to this map :p So don't get my wall of text wrong :p

Status
Not open for further replies.