• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mana Clash(Name up for change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Quick summary:
Project Name:Mana Clash
Creators: My self, Cold_Phoenix, (formally) Serathis
Stage: Alpha
Objective: Kill everyone else with out being killed.
Credits: Only the creators so far.

History:
Mana Clash was started three months or so ago, by Serathis. He wanted to make a map that would be more balanced than Battle Royale, he also thought of the map's name. He soon started to grab people to help him out, there were many, but the main contributors were Cold and I, so we naturally became the sub-leaders of the map's creation. Serathis being the leader had many ideas for it, but it slowly strayed from what we were making it for. A new more balanced version of Battle Royale, for one, he wanted it to last for hours on end. Well, people exactly agree with his ideas, and when the people helping Serathis don't show absolute unquestioning obedience he leaves them, so he did.

The project was left floundering about for a while, no work really got done. Eventually Cold and I were the only people left, but we managed to get organized and we began work on the project anew about a month ago. Since then many ideas have changed and we think for the better.

The Project:
Game Play:
-You begin by choosing a hero that you will use for the rest of the game. If this hero dies you loose and you go into observer mode.
-Although we call them heroes, they really just normal units with fancy titles.
-There are no levels, we don't want it to be the race of who can get the first kill and then dominate the rest of the game.
-You goal is to the last living unit in the game.
-You have 4 spells.
-You heal by killing randomly spawning, limited number, critters. This is to prevent fountain camping yet still provide a way to get back in the game. Limited number means if you go afk there wont be 10,000 critters running about.
-You must click them to attack, you can't just go afk and kill someone from them walking to close to you.
-There are no hostile NPCs.
-We don't know the exact number of heroes we want, under 25, above 12.

Geography:
-There are 2 main islands in Mana Clash. One large and lush, the other small and desolate.
-The larger one has a jungle to the north, a meadow and river to the south, hills and cliffs in the middle, and 3 neutral villages scattered about.
-The smaller island has a grove and a ritualistic circle in the north, and a primitive graveyard to the south.
-The islands are a primitive tropical islands, this means no knights unless for good reason, say an expeditionary group, or a missionary come to teach the primitive peoples their religion.
-The map is middle-small sized.
Here is a screen shot of the map so far, it isn't done, we are focusing on the heroes right now.
mapoverheadae1.png

Progress:
-Right now we are cooking up heroes as well as putting them in, we have about 8 in so far, and over 30 in the suggestions. Not all of them will make it in.
-We know exactly what the terrain will look like, we already drew it, we just need to take it from the paper and put it in game.
-We need to gather skins, models, and icons suitable for the game, sadly, this poses the greatest challenge. This is the only section that we are lacking in and we would be great full for any help!
-The spawning triggers and such are complete.

Notes:
Any help is appreciated, terrain ideas, a better middle area would be nice, hero ideas, Cold and I got this covered, but you can help, and artsy stuff, icons, skins, models, and such are in desperate need, a new name, the current one isn't very fitting, or just general assistance.

Or website:http://cubbage.freeforums.org/index.php?c=2

Questions, comments, complaints?

Level 2
You need to see the forest it's self, it looks better.

Believe me, I told Cold that it looked to dense from the mini map, but we zoomed in and it really isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.