• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] Clash Of Myths - For the Hardcore in us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, before I post some information you must know the background of the person who is making this game. I am a single man team with 8 years of mapping experience, I don't like simple game I mainly support the Hardcore Gamer's to challenge peoples skills to properly display the best in us on the field through training, skill and strategy.

I am not a big fan of DotA or LoL, The games are to short to enjoy everything the game has to offer which means each match doesn't have much to offer to me as a person who likes more intense game play on the edge of my seat and being able to laugh instead of yell at people to do things right.

The goal of what you are about to read is to bring Hardcore gamer's from all AOS games currently out there and bring them to one place to challenge, something that requires severe talent with strategy, a game not for the faint hearted. The game will also challenge you on many new grounds of game play styles.

Features:
> Complex spells that are Simple to operate and understand (to complex will confuse new comers and ultimately make them leave)
> 30 Well thought out heroes with 6 spells each with a max lvl of 20.
> Rebalance System that doesn't just swap a single player it will balance out the teams according to the statistic's of how each team is doing.
> Shuffle Teams - Randomly swaps players to either team in the game to randomize unbalanced.
> A Motivation that makes even if it is not broke, it will get fixed - from the maker to provide the best game play instead of lazy mapping.
> A damaged based gold income instead of last hit on units.
> An ANTI feeding system that makes it so if you are on a killing spree you actually earn LESS exp for killing the same player Twice in your killing spree. (Meaning you kill kill the entire enemy team and you are still alive the next time you kill any of them you get 50% less then last time and will continue to reduce to prevent abusive feeding so the games stay more balanced)
> Four lanes to spread players out farther then ever.
> No Creeps, you earn your EXP in lanes and constantly brawling or avoiding enemies while earning your EXP and gold, like I said this game is not for the weak hearted.
> Strong Lane Units - Don't underestimate them, they are no longer dummies for towers, they are there to deal decent damage.
> Limited Melee Range - Unlike in many of the Warcraft Maps, I have reduced the extended melee attack range so when you move away from the player while they are swinging, they will actually miss you, this makes a new Field of MICRO gameplay for people who are melee.

Main Features That Make this Different then other AOS games:

============ Realistic Yet Balanced Armor/Damages ===========
Let me explain this as best as I can, lets say I have 5 people infront of me, one is a reptile he has scales on his body we will call him #1. We have a Knight infront of us with Metal on his body, we will call him #2. We have a large buff Tauren, we will call him #3. We have a person with wood shields and leather armor aka a Bandit, we will call him #4. Last but not least we have an elemental who's body is made of pure water we will call him #5.

Ok so lets talk about #1, he has scales, Scales are a very hard substance they can easily deflect arrows if they come in at an non-direct angle meaning it has better pierce defense then most others. Scales are also rather resistant against blades depending on how good your scales are (amount of armor) they can reduce most blades that use sliceing to deal damage. Scales are not magic that magic immune and often have a hard time resisting most magical powers. When you have a blunt weapon well you can easily make blunt trama and crush scales so to overall terraize a player who has scales it's main counter is to have some type of concusson damage from hands or a blunt object. Because you have such a well variety scaled units often depend on regeneration above more health then orders, they have a faster healing.

Lets talk about #2. We have a knight, well we already know he has metal armor so he is resistant to most archers, however physical damages from hands do not effect him much at all, blunt objects devistate hollow armor, the plus side is that a person is inside. Metal has a large flaw against magical properties, lightning, fire, water stuck in your boots, overall all magic rather overrides the armor of metal. Metal armor has a good defense against Slice weapons though. Because you have metal armor you would have less health then most because you are so well armored.

So lets talk about #3, the Tauren, mainly muscle not much armor on him, just strait skin and furr, well the he would depend on mass HP over armor he can have long brawls with others with no armor on but when it comes to people slicing him, shooting arrows and smacking him with blunt objects it will hurt more then anything else, because he has no real armor on he is more resistant against magic allowing him to terrorize magical heroes. Heroes with no armor often have high damage and or is slower then most other heroes.

#4, A bandit with a wooden shield and some standard metal armor and leather, well leather minorly good vs blades, you got some metal armor to punch it up to decent and you have wood that basically gets depleted as you use it, so you have a alright defense against slice weapons, because you have a wooden shield it does have a good benefit against blunt but not much. Wood is actually a nice defense against pierce but not enuf since you are only wearing leather on the majority of your body. Magic doesn't seem to effect leather much burning lighting and such won't effect you as much so most mages will be wearing leather robes and such. This is the all around basic player basic health basic armor decent vs everything.

#5, This one is tricky having water as a body, well if you use a blade on a body of water how much water are you smacking off his body, LOL almost none, so blades don't deal much, arrows kinda just travel right through his body so again not that much. Magic deals a good deal against it, way more then anything else so he is very weak to magic. Blunt weapons can truly smash off a large chuck of his body so blunt weapons actually do fairly well on elemental's. Lower HP because he is so well defensive, most elemental's have to use a way to rejuvenate their body's natural material to use spells and regenerate health.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The item system only minorly benefits players, and is made to expand their playing style to however they wish to play, want to run fast with heavy melee. Items do not support Stuns or holds, this game is ment to play open and freely instead of holding people down for a kill, no more nerd rage over stun massing, no more fear of stuns.
Standard spells don't exist in this map everything custom and well you need to read it if you are a first timer with that hero, play 1-3 times and you get the hang of him, you can't expect to do good on your first try in this game.
Towers actually hold back lanes of units, you must put effort into killing towers, this game does not favor the winning team but it favors the losing team so clutches or mistakes can be redeemed this means no match no matter the skill level of your foes, you will always be on the edge of your seat.
Nuke spells don't really exist in this map, you truly savor everything you have and strike when the time is right, true skill is always needed for this map and I hope it lures many talented players for this new brand of game play to expand and make it more difficult yet overall more entertaining too

Inspired by a number of things: Humans Vs Orcs, Warcraft Campain, Age of Mths AOS, Warcraft Melee Matches, Skyrim, LOTR, Dynasty Warriors, Realistic Properties.

From the time of this post this map is "Now in development" if you would like to help I can't accept people who can not do better work then myself, because I want nothing short of the best.

Hit me up here if you have any questions. Everything I have seen work very well in other games that I am using here, they are not as well done in many of them but this will be the best. Most of my other games have been to complex this one will seal the deal just right.

------------------
This game is not to please Everyone only the most hardcore players who play these games serious, the game prevents you from raging at your teammates for hit helps keep them from dragging people down, so enjoy the game even if you are not hardcore the game will be very entertaining.

Level 7
Sounds fun. How far are you on it?
Fairly far in, I'm mainly working on getting the game running before focusing anymore on terrain (I'm not awesome with terrain but I am better then most)

I have many hero concepts in play atm, Not many people are supporting the game, so it's making me wonder if I will get enuf people to play it when it comes out.

Level 9
I am not kidding when I say that people will love this. I think that this is exactly what this site needs (an AoS that not only requires skill but also is fun to play).

But the thing I never understood about DotA was how Casters didn't have ablities that scaled. What I mean is that tanks get health, carries get damage, but then what do casters get?

I am happy to hear that you are far in btw :)

Level 7
I am not kidding when I say that people will love this. I think that this is exactly what this site needs (an AoS that not only requires skill but also is fun to play).

But the thing I never understood about DotA was how Casters didn't have ablities that scaled. What I mean is that tanks get health, carries get damage, but then what do casters get?

Well, to answer that question, DotA and LoL where always based on being too simple and available for noob's and pro's. Specifically, they used the same idea of balance on everything but gave different stats which made some heroes better then others, they didn't really focus on the standard balances much because more then 40% of the balance resided in ITEMS, which is what the original AOS gametype was based on, I dare to accuse items hold the gametype back from being even better, you just have to be more motivated.

No matter what people try to follow these combo's: Give damage, less HP, less armor |||| Give less damage, more HP, more armor |||| Less movement, more HP, more damage, less armor. |||| more movement, more damage, way less HP and armor |||| less damage, more healing, more armor, less mana |||| basically go on for a while.

DotA seems to welcome stuns, well stuns hold people down and are ment to be there for games that deal shit for damage and have alot of HP such as "Campain and Melee games" not Fast gameplay high damages such as DotA and LoL, infact anything that holds another player down and makes them helpless to use any type of strategy to avoid, dodge or counter rather then an Item or waiting it through, is a way people enjoy abusing a flow of a high speed game, in 2 seconds you could end up dead, people having a large number of stun abilities or point click, projectile is gareteeed to hit with a large damage + stun is just a point where people get lazy and enjoy to "TRAP people into death"

Basically I disaprove of stuns, tanks with heals, nuke spells, homing spells, anything that holds people against their will without any form of way to fight back. I mean I can give you the most complex and cool spells, you start to cast one and someone just throws a 4 second stun on you and another dude comes out form the fog and they just smack you to death, What kinda gameplay is that? I'd say boring and aggrivating gameplay, instead you could have used a spell to knockback the man infront of you then striked the man who came out of the fog. Sounds way more entertaining, doesn't it?

Basically, I can see DotA as a sucess due to popularity and its long term reign, because of the fact people use it to compare they will find everything else Alien. Most people prefer simple due to lazyness, If you have a choice from walking to the store 5 minutes away or driving for 1 minute, the majority of people will decide to take the car. Simple lures more people because they don't want to play HArdcore, those of us that crave the hardcore are stuck with those lazy gammers, This game will allow you to find real gammers who take gamming to a serious level.

It is not a simple project and I don't know everything about triggering just yet, so people who are far more professional with trigger work then myself, are more then appreciated in the project, for it is not a oh lets make something and forget about it, Na I inventually plan on making it an standalone but here on warcraft is a fine place to experiment.

Casters are uniqe. The very most of them needs mana and mana regen. Further you can buy staffs that has additional abilities wich can make great combos with your hero ability.

On topic. I'm a big fan of DotA but I'm not addicted to it. The reason why DotA is succesful is because of the quality of the game. There are complex bugless spells and some serious systems like assisting, records on deats and kills, sprees, ect. However I really like your idea. I had almost the same wishes than you have like gold based on damage, limited melee range and stuff. If you can create a map wich has more going on per game then I'll definitly support you! :goblin_yeah:

I'm also creating a map wich is all about spells. It is still far from finish though. You can check it out if you'd like :)

Status
Not open for further replies.