• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project name: Nothing Boring About Borean (not the final name of the map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
The ress system doesn't actually be pain in ass in the gameplay. My friends who has played this map (so called beta testers) said it was such a good looking and fun map. The beta testers said the map was just perfect left, it doesn't take whole evening.
And there was only few bosses with triggers when they tested it...
, well, alternative you could make life system like I did in my map (like ankh of reincarnation but use lumber for the lives instead of an item) and give each player like 2 or 3 lumber, but that's is totally up to you.
Castle near wall, just enviromen
, the mist looks good, good job!
Just one hall
, maybe the staircase is bit to bright, don't know for sure though.

Level 13
UPDATE! Changed tiles and that kind of stuff dramatically, see pictures->

173034-albums2304-picture21317.png

173034-albums2304-picture21319.png

173034-albums2304-picture21318.png

173034-albums2304-picture21323.png

173034-albums2304-picture21320.png

173034-albums2304-picture21321.png

173034-albums2304-picture21322.png

Level 17
UPDATE! Changed tiles and that kind of stuff dramatically, see pictures->

Updated terrains

Ideas, critic, comments are welcome. No damn idea what we could do now :D
, You could spice up the custom textures some more, they look good but every bit helps. Or maybe optimize the map is someway, removing useless data and such. Endless possibilities :at:!

Level 13
Project is pretty much like jammed atm because we both are pretty bored to make those last boss battles atm... I'll maybe update all screenies from first boss at next week, but we will see...

I'd love to get ideas and that kind of things

Last edited:
Level 18
OK! FINE! I do those damn triggers!
Ok.. I did the triggers for Drahthon and the Portal Keeper... Now there is only one question.. Shall we do the ressing system and camera.. And just close out Death God until we have created the epic battle? Or should we invent the Death God battle.. Fail with the triggers and work days on it.. No idea..

Last edited:
I'd be willing to help you with the triggers, here are some ideas. For one save the death god to a variable, then do this

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - King of Death_God's life becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make Death_God Invulnerable
      • Animation - Play Death_God's spell animation
      • Wait 15.00 seconds
      • Unit - Set life of King of Death_God's to 100.00%
That's what you variate on, save how many times that trigger activates by a system, there are several ways to do it, but the one I dreamed up is to turn triggers off accordingly. (Yes, there is a boolean condition that checks if a trigger is off. If else, you can save the number, either way you want just do it, figure it out, I'm not exactly sure how to do it but I know it's possible. Remember, each time the phase activates that add one to the variable, until the variable reaches a certain number and the death god enters his last phase.

Level 13
We (i mean you garshilan!) will do ress and camera, i wanna work with death god triggers too :p i guess it will have 3 phases.

like 1st we fight against god himself and he has some special skills.
2nd he fades off and there comes one goddamn super mob
and 3rd is against himself again, with adds and something special o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.