• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project BoG: Blaze of Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, another squad-based map! That system was actually done for a map of mine and is created by Ham Ham. I can't really make resources, but I am a good brainstormer, and I'd like to join the team.

PS. Alagremm is right, you f***in nerds stop fighting. Even the greatest maps are copies Diablo III Warcraft of other stuff.

Level 16
MOST of Gamerisle and WC3Diplo's member upload their map on EpicWar (FailWar...). Anyways, can we just stop this off-topic? While we're bitchin' on how annoying they are, Snarewave is defending himself in Gamerisle.

Level 1
I mean a ceasefire BETWEEN BoG's Supporters and Project Members against panther-anthro and other members of Gamerisle.

:hohum: Hey now dirty assumption is dirty.

Also as a suggestion; maybe name Shadow Clans Either Shadow Council or Dark Horde cause Shadow Clans sounds kind of, lame?

Also did the Shadow Council Split or is it all still loyal to Gul'Dan?

How do the Dark Iron Fair inside BRS; could possibly be a player in of itself or just part of the player who controls it or even a hostile force.

Was the Demon Soul ever found? If not or so what are the Red Dragons currently Doing?

Are there any High Elves left? If so where are they and whom is their leader?

What is the status of Dalaran?

What is left of the Dwarves? Does IF still stand? Aerie Peak?

Did the Paladins ever form? If so is Uther and such still key players?

If the invasion, from what ive heard, started in Quel'Thalas where is the dark portal?

Just a few questions.

Level 6
Shadow Clans are a powerful, unified fighting force, as big as the Moonrise or the Orcish. Since Orgrim never caused a uprise, theres still a large regiments of necrolytes and warlocks.

I really think dark iron or dwarves in general will play a big of a role in the war. I really wanted that "orcs and humans" feel in the map.

Demon Soul was found, and given to Nekros. Him, being a warlock, joined the Shadow Council and asked Zuluhed (being a shaman, wanted to join Moonrise) to take a retirement break (Like Gul'dan did to Ner'zhul). Red Dragons are enslaved and by this time around, abundant, creating many enough to "slay" them for fun and games, creating the Dragonmaw Dragonslayers.

High Elves roam without a home, I really don't know what to do with those hobos.

I really don't know what happened to Dalaran.

Aerie peak do exist, and is a proud supporter of the Lordaeron Remnants (which is currently in a political civil war. Arthas vs Mathias)

Key human players still lives. Turalyon, financed by the Blackmoore household leads the Valiance resistance claiming many of the ruined towns including Stormwind (?) Lothar roams the woods leading famous raid parties, he is more like a legend now. Uther, Im not sure what to do with him.

Invasion did not start from Quel'Thalas, but was invaded by Gul'dan in his hopes to claim the Sunwell for his own. With the highelves came down the Forest Trolls who were reluctant to join the Horde. Remaining forest trolls took an exodus to Draenor (like an indian reservation camp) and lives in zugarmarsh peacefully until Ner'zhul offered them to join Moonrise.

But, Horde invading from Quel'Thalas is actually an awesome idea. That way, it'd be the invasion going the other way. Holy crap, your awesome, with some support, I can turn the lore around 180 and get those GoTH guys off my back.

GhostThruster and Danny ~~welcome to my life~~

Last edited:
Level 1
No i mean I'm a member of Gisle and not on the project team, but am all for the map. Nor am I (any longer i suppose) a "Panfur-Wuva", its the perm it scares me o.o

Business End:

Stash a contingent of Elfs in the Once Ruined remains of Hearthglen. Could say horde never occupied it after burning it and lightly looting it. The Elfen refugees swooped in and repaired what was their slowly and in secret. But without the Sunwell they could have devolved into Wretched and Practice Necromancy, no demons, demons are blech. And since the horde is in chaos they don't have the forces now to fight the powerful fortress.

Also maybe have Dalaran been ransacked by Nekros and a few of his Pals, along with say Teron. Could also solve where Teron is, leading a faction of DK's and a personality cult (maybe he consumed the powers of the Violet Eye and became on par in necrotic magics as the LK) Those few Mages who lived, say maybe three of the six, fled. On fleeing to the burnt remains of Silverlaine Keep to create a hedge wizard force to guerrilla fight the horde, another to side with Mathias or Arthas, and a third to maybe flee to Alterac or Hillsbrad (Silverlaine one had disagreed with the Hillsbrad or Blackmoore of Gilneas for that matter) .

Also I liked your idea of the Dark Iron/Iron Forge baby heir. Maybe just have him as a Child at this time. Dwarves live longer than humans by at least three times so Moira could be even a hundred at this time and no one would know, and the events of her and Tharussian could've been arranged since Magni would see their impending doom if the three clans didn't ally.

Uther could have fallen in the end of Lordaeron (or later), after teaching a bit to Arthas and Mathias.

Level 23
Hey, you approved of my Dragonslayers! Also, is it possible for Ner'zhul to ally the human remnants?

Danny, they wouldnt devolve into Wretched. Wretched are blood elves, infused with fel power which they coulkdnt control. Elves dont even know necromancy. I say they should capture Dalaran!

I like the idea of Teron controlling Dalaran, he likes it. Dude, Eye of Dalaran, not Violet Eye, if you mena the artifact of course. Anyway his order does exist in BoG, I wanted it to be in Draenor in Auchindoun, but it is now in Azeroth. Also, can Teron create some sort of Scourge from Dalaran?

Uther would probably make Silver Hand a neutral organization(for humans) and maybe even trying to ally Ner'zhul.

Also, the uniting of three dwarven close is impossible for many reasons, one of which is Ragnaros. He is the real ruler of Dark Irons, Thaurissan is just his pawn. Even if Ragnaros wasnt there, they are in war for hundreds of years, this is a war they cant deny or forget. Half of southern Eastern Kingdoms was devoured by Ragnaros!

Level 6
Dark Portal opening in Quel'thalas actually makes more sense. Medivh, who opened the portal along with Gul'dan, wouldn't want to open it so close to his home, khazaran. Trolls and Highelves, who were probably the first to clash with the Horde would have been crushed easily because they were depleted already from fighting one another.

Alliance wouldn't have formed and Orcs would have easily overran the north. If orcs did came from the north, Blackrock clan wouldn't exist (they wouldn't have found it untill later, if it does exist, it would be fairly a new and weak clan) and Kingdom of Azeroth probably wouldn't be ravaged (not fully at least). Uther and Lothar would still be enlisted to fight for the Kingdom of Azeroth and the Sliver Hand would never be there.

Ner'zhuls got enough allies.

I also like the idea of Teron in Dalaran and having his own cult or maybe his own clan. He could be ordered by Gul'dan to finish off Gilneas and the Lordaeron Remnants of the west.

If Orgrim did not come to power, Gul'dan would not be experimenting so hard to please him, causing Ogre-magi and the Deathknights to cease to exist. Teron would still be a orc.

Should dwarves still hold Ironforge? Should they take any part in the war?

Level 1
It was called Blackrock Clan before they came, the coincidence made Orgrim sure that he was meant to conquer this world.

And wretched were those Blood Elves who succumbed to the withdrawals, they rely on stealing magic form others, preferably by draining them. If you did add them in Herthglen you could have like a Pitlord, possibly Azgalor, chained down their being used as a mana battery for them. Also would add a neat gainable for say Rend.

Could have that Tahrussian seeks peace, his people are being hunted down and exterminated in their own caverns, or they even have now been expelled from BRS in total. I think he'd seek peace then, probably even ban Ragnaros worship just to prove his sincerity to his hated cousins. Tharussian may be a worshiper of Ragnaros, but he is also a king and leader of his people, they look to him for guidance. In the face of certain doom I think he'd align with IF to save his people, if only till the orcs are beaten then turn on them.

Meant Eye of Dalaran, to many names! Nice that you like the Teron idea, but what of the Three of Six?

Level 6
Im pretty sure the Blackrock was formed (in the real lore) in Azeroth after the Bleeding Hollow + Twilight's Hammer failed to take over Stormwind and created a war against it selves.

How would the highelves get a pet pitlord anyways?

The role the dwarves play in the war is fuzzy. We'll deal with the problem when we get there.

Would you be kind enough to explain what the three of six is again?

Level 17
The Six are the elite mages of the Kirin Tor that police the boundaries of magic in Azeroth.

Honestly, I think Dwarves should remain hidden for now.

In later versions, the Dark Child of Ironforge (kinky, eh?) can rise up and unite the two clans. Despite their centuries of hate, the Dark Iron Dwarves still are loyal to their emperor. And now, that emperor happens to have Bronzebeard blood. Personally, I think the uniting of the dwarven clans would be a unique feature, and perhaps something that tightens the blood between all clans, possibly creating a real empire.

Level 19
Might I recommend removing the groundtextures on the buildings, it makes look a lot more natural, also, not sure if you know this but. If you go to the buildings and change where it says "Stats - Is a building - True" to false you can rotate the building in any direction you want, then change it back to true when your done. That way buildings can look more versatile.

Level 6
Might I recommend removing the groundtextures on the buildings, it makes look a lot more natural, also, not sure if you know this but. If you go to the buildings and change where it says "Stats - Is a building - True" to false you can rotate the building in any direction you want, then change it back to true when your done. That way buildings can look more versatile.

*pop

did you hear that? I think you just popped my bubble.

EDIT: Guys, we really need a new name for the project. Ive promised the Gamerisle guys that I'd come up with a name without the word "Glory" in it.

Level 23
Ok dude, the portal will be opened in Black Morass and not in Quel'thalas.
Why? First of all Medivh possibly couldnt get in Quel'thalas, second he wanted to gain control of orcs.

Anyway, high elves would never use fel magic and become blood elves on their own. The ideas of them using fel powers were given to them by Illidan and his servants.

Also the child thing is kinda lame. It would be awesome for a campaign, but not for this kind of map. Also how can Thaurissan ban Ragnaros worship? They live in the same mountain! In the same territory controlled by Ragnaros and his minions! If he tried to do something of sort Ragnaros would just kill him. So the dark irons should be neutral hostile and normal dwarves need to be locked. They will be the "second chance" for human player if he dies, with Ironforge and some caves being unlocked and the remains of humans exiling to Ironforge. Also the human forces will have to run to Ironforge if they want their heroes to survive and Ironforge to stand.

Level 16
This projest looks cools(coz there are orcs and i'm here probably the bigest orc fan). DO you need modeling, idea making or spell making support?

Level 6
Guys, what we need right now is a solid lore. Who controls where, whos with who, and who leads what. Without a solid lore, I really can't tell what im working towards at.

Oh, and I came up with a new name. Project WC: War of the Clans. Hope you guys like it.

Level 6
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Prelude

Soon after the defeat of the Kingdom of Azeroth, Warchief Blackhand, the
unopposed chieftain of the Horde, ordered a reformation of the armies for
the second invasion against the nations of the north and the jungle trolls
of the south. He sought the assistance of the warrior clans and the houses
of the dark arts to fuel the upcoming war with more troops, more funds,
and more magics. Overshadowed for his lust for power, the Warchief had
grown careless for his underlings and arrogant against these who seeked
only to aid him.

Despite the discontent from the rest of the Horde, the warchief, through use of threats and bribary, managed to pull the clans once more for a another war.

While the Orcish Horde prepared the second invasion, the northern nations took little notice of the threat. Tales of the green-skinned demons roused panic among peasants and sailors, but no serious preparation was made as the blinded leaders were busy bickering among themselves with petty politics and investments. Only the mountain dwarves of Ironforge took arms against the Orcish menace and managed to secure it's borders to some extent.

The Second Invasion

In a 3rd year after the fall of Stormwind, the Orcish Horde began their offensive against the north and south. Blackhand, adviced by his second-
in-command, Orgrim Doomhammer, strategically launched three different assaults. Knowing that the mountain dwarves will hold out a valiant
defense, Blackhand ordered the elitists of the Bleeding Hollow, Dragonmaw,
and the Twilight's Hammer a clans to direct the primary assault.
Stormreaver clan, along with the Lightning's Blade was ordered a naval
assault on the islands of Zul'dare, Tol Barad, and Crestfall and was
charged with establishing naval bases. Bonechewer Clan, assisted by
Burning Blade and the twin clans of the Mocking Grin and Wolfmane was
given orders to invade the Stranglethorn vale.

Thoras Trollbane, the Lord of Strongarde, and Aiden Perenolde of the
kingdom of Alterac was the first to receive the news of the invasion,
Thoras, feeling threatned by the situation, warned the king Terenas, to
call an emergency council, but Aiden, hoping to use the wave of
destruction to claim Lordaeron for himself, told the king a lie, telling
him not to worry, but employing private mercenaries to secure it's own
borders. Terenas, blinded by the lie, layed his trust upon the words of
Aiden, unaware of the fate that awaited him.

Level 9
nice but i think instead of all orcs you should put like Orgim dies Thrall takes horde and Works with Jania or someone like Anduin lothar with thrall and frostwolf and a mini human spawn like Ruins of Lordaeron or a camp in Frostwolf camp

Status
Not open for further replies.